Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#17129 09/09/03 07:29 AM
Gracie Offline OP
OP Offline
I appreciate your insights! It was this board which got me interested in visiting Placencia. I was really happy when I realized the last weekend of my honeymoon coincided with Lobster Fest!

We will be married at Mopan River Resort then on to AC, Xanadu for 4 nights. I'd love to stay on a Caye, but you can't do it all in two weeks.
Okay so it sounds like the Tradewinds if we choose Budget & Kitty's is a solid choice for mid-range close to the village (2 miles is walking distance).
What is the feedback for Joyce & Franks B&B, Nautical Inn, Singing Sands or Rum Point?
When we travel - I investigate to death! But when there I relax knowing I made an informed, thoughtful decision. My fiance says, we probably can't go wrong with any of these choices.
I almost wish there weren't so many. Again, thanks for your insights. confused

I've stayed at Nautical Inn, Singing Sands and Rum Point. Have seen Joyce & Frank's but haven't stayed there.

My take:

Nautical Inn (like Kitty's, it's for sale, too) is a pretty good moderate-level spot. Nice pool and okay stretch of beach. Rooms are in octagonal prefab buildings imported from North Carolina.

Singing Sands (also for sale) -- okay. One of the few moderate places with a pool.

Rum Point. This pioneering place, which in the last few years wasn't living up to its potential, in some ways is in transition now, following the death last year of the co-owner. New managers in place. Beautiful stretch of beach. Hope it gets back to its former glory.

I'd recommend you look at Mariposa. It's a little place with a couple of beautiful beachfront suites owned by a lovely couple from California. No pool, but very nice beach. It's next door to Kitty's.

And if you want to splurge, Turtle Inn is a fantastic spot for a honeymoon.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Gracie Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Lan. I am not against splurging for sure. Have you seen or heard anything about Casa Del Sol? The website - of course - looks wonderful.
Exactly where is it in relation to the others?

T
T
Why were all the previous posts deleted?

Gracie Offline OP
OP Offline
Because I am new to posting and hit the New Topic instead of Reply. oops.

Gracie Offline OP
OP Offline
Lan,

Mariposa looks wonderful and Peter is quite helpful and friendly. I stayed at a Fox Inn in California run by a Peter Fox (who sold). Not the same one is it?

I am also looking at Turtle Inn. Please tell me where is Turtle Inn in relation to Mariposa?

Also, have you heard or seen Casa Del Sol?

I read through your website and also ordered your book on San Pedro - great reviews!

Mariposa is just a little north of Turtle Inn. It's next to Kitty's, south of the airstrip. I don't think that's the same Peter Fox, though they are from Marin County.

No, I haven't been in Casa del Sol but if it's the house I'm thinking about I think I've seen it from the outside. I'm sure it's very nice.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
Quick comment on Lobster Fest: I was there this year. It's worth going to for a couple of hours if you're there, or maybe catch a band at night, but I can't see making a special trip for it.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
Gracie Offline OP
OP Offline
I thought that might be the case with Lobster Fest - but it's not a special trip for that. We want to see Placencia - Monkey River and those wonderful Cayes. This may be just trip one of many. Coco Plum looks marvelous for a week trip.
Lan - Have you ever stayed on the Cayes?

We like smaller - non touristy places - Iceland was tremendous (we liked it better than Hawaii!) so we look for low-key places. My fiance is one of those "end of the road" types wink

Gracie,
Placencia is as "end of the road" as places come!
I'm sure you will love this beautiful place. :p

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.