Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
Ernie B Offline OP
OP Offline
E
The San Pedro Social Club was unofficially formed on June 12, 2002, by a group of people who love San Pedro. Some of the people in attendance were either residents of San Pedro, former residents or people who visited San Pedro and fell in love with the people and the island. We met at Papa's on the Lake, Lake Conroe, Texas and enjoyed Texas BBQ, a Sunset cruise on a 56' party barge and generally had a great time. One of the residents of San Pedro in attendance brought a piece of silver jewelry hand crafted by an island artisan. As the party wound down, she decided we should auction off the pendant and donate the money to the local Lions club of San Pedro. On this whim we raised $700.00. When we realized how easy and fun that was, the light went on! The next day we started working on the next get together and a way to raise serious money and just what to do with it.

We selected the San Pedro elementary school as our challenge to support as they receive little or no financial support from the Government of Belize. We decided to develop and implement a lunch program for the kids. We raised US$8,000.00 and found out that was not nearly enough to implement such a lunch program. Nor were there existing facilities available to prepare the food and/or serve the food to the children.

NEW CHALLENGE.

This year our goal is to raise US$50,000.00 to construct a lunchroom/kitchen on the school campus and equip the facility to serve a balanced nutritious lunch to the total enrollment of 950 kids. We will again met at Papa's On The Lake this year in May to raffle off week-long lodging in some of San Pedro's beautiful resorts, hotels, private beach front homes and condos, round-trip air fares and many other items donated by many of the businesses on the island and in the States.

The San Pedro Social Club membership dues are very reasonable at US$25.00 for singles and US$35.00 for couples. Raffle tickets can be purchased for US$35.00 by members and US$50.00 by non-members. You can view all the raffle prizes on the message board at //www.ambergriscaye.com - just look for SPSC General Chat Area.

We have incorporated in the State of Texas as a nonprofit corporation and expect to receive tax exempt status under the IRS CODE 501(c)3, making all donations tax deductible to the donors. The corporation makes the business records and other such information available to each dues paying member on a regular basis and upon request.

For additional information please contact the following:

Ernie Brannon
281-367-5320
[email protected]

Please check out our new web site at
www.sanpedrosc.org

Ernie - Thank you very much for posting the Bio of SPSC. I've printed it and I'm giving it to 4 prospective members!!!!!
Hope to send money soon laugh

Time flys - have fun!
It's a great cause, and I too have been pushing membership to many friends as well as new aquaintances. Taking newbies next month to just see what we are trying to do. They too will pass the word, I'm sure of it. Have sent some $$$ more coming from me & many others. Thanks Ernie. smile

PROUD TO BE A PART OF IT!!!

Same here!!!

me too! wait a sec, am I volunteering for something? eek

indeed you are :p

hmmmm Gay... that's a very sinister laugh you've got there. eek

When will the offical website be up??last I heard was January..I will copy/paste this to get it out Ernie

E
Ernie B Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Trying hard Sassy, soon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.