Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone! I am excited to return to Belize in Dec, I think and imagine it every day. I miss it dearly. I have been reading several travel books, mostly stories of people's short reviews, journals and stories of there travel and only found two books that include stories of Belize. I want to read more exciting trips of Belize and seem to find plenty for other Central America countries. I am interested in publishing a book with stories from Central America or even stories just of Belize if I am able to receive enough. I love the book "Travel Tales: true stories" and they have books of individual countries but the closest for Belize is "Travel Tales: true stories of Central America." If you have short stories, reviews, or journals you would like to share and would consider including in a published book, please email me and respond here as well. My email address is: [email protected]

Would love to hear from everyone!
KE

Lan Sluder, if you read this perhaps you can refer me to people you might know who would be interested or give me advice. I love your readings!

Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
So I found about 40 past travelogues and am interested in many of the fantastic stories. I obviously can't use any without permission so anyone reading this who has written one that you'd like me to consider, please contact me!
Thanks.
KE

Will the proceeds go to a worthy Belizian Charity?

Gone fishing!!
you go bill..........

Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
Bill, that is most logical, I agree. The authors of the stories would have to decide if they want them to go to the school or where they are best used for the proceeds. Please give your advice.
Keli

Originally posted by Bill Thornton:
Will the proceeds go to a worthy Belizian Charity?

Looking at a similar subject on LP Thorntree Mexico branch in which someone is soliciting personal accounts of travels there for publication. Looks like it's a fad.

Lion's Club Hospital is the charity closest too me. But, there are many other worthy causes and needs in Belize. Frankly, publishing stories from people who enjoy sharing their adventures freely does not seem like a worthy cause unless the proceeds go totally to charity, after costs.

Gone fishing!!
KE, if you are sincere dont let the scrutiny get you down. I hear your enthusiasm but am also listening to the wise ones of the board, they have a point, so I am being cautious too. Sounds like a neat idea.

great idea ke....i know of 2 other great organizations...try talking with conchita flota...she is part of the san pedro women's club...they help with school supplies for the kids....her user name here is "spgirl"....also, the saga humane society, is in need of help with the animals there...."simonb", (user name) can give you more information...if you don't want to start a new post, let me know here, and i will send the e-mail addresses that i have..... cool

Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
Bill,

I said I agree, and that I would appreciate your advice on which charities you would appreciate. In addition, it is worth while as so many of us love Belize and appreciate so much about it. Why not put it all together into one fantastic collaberation.

KE

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.