Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#173307 02/18/05 11:29 PM
S
spiker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
NYGAL, We are arriving in AC March 11 14 days, but we are rushing ahead and and we are also going to New York April 8th 2 nights after we get back from AC.
I bought a auction ticket from a Kinsemen fundsraiser last weekend and it all happens on that weekend of April 8th.. This is what we got for our price

1. 2 flights from Saskatoon Canada return to NY
2. 2 nights at the Rarisson Lexington
3. 2 tickets to the NY Yankees game Fri, and Sat

Any good suggestions would help as you seem to be a New york Gal, ha ha.

P.s. what is the wheather like in April and what do you wear at a Yankee game., also how far of a taxi cab is it from Lexington Ave? Sorry for all the questions.

Cheers

JB/JB from Crazy Canada

Any good suggestoin on where to go, except for the usual.

Where is ther a place that we can go to that all the celeberties go to as in a night club or a cool bar, money is no object.

Cant wait,

#173308 02/19/05 09:56 AM
Oh my goodness, you sound busy !!

Well let me begin by saying I don't live near the city. I am an Upstate Kinda NYgal.

One thing I can answer is sometimes the weather may be cold, other times we have had Ice storms and I would suggest warm clothes and a jacket. Hats if you are so inclined or hoods. ( in my area )

Money no object, may I come along smile
On a more serious note I truly wish you a wonderful time and may your/our weather be in your favor smile

#173309 02/19/05 10:52 AM
I'd look into upgrading the hotel....if it me were me and I was a general mgr of a hotel. Unless you have one of the best suites, The Rad is, IMHO, a dump.

Taxi will run you around $20 each way, depending upon traffic.

you won't have much time to "do" NYC in a weekend, especially if you take in in 2 ballgames...but head into the East Village and explore, for sure!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#173310 02/19/05 10:54 AM
Bez Offline
Spiker if you have time you should go to CARMINE'S for dinner. I lived in Manhatthan for a few years and tried many different resturants and that one is simply the must go if in NY city. It's not far from where you are staying. It's in 44th st. and 8th ave I think, but anyone in manhatthan knows where Carmine's is. You might want to make reservations before heading there. Waiting time can be up to 90 mins. A broadway play is a must too. You can get big discounts if you go to the box office the same day of the play, they never tell turists about this. 42nd street is fun to walk, between 7th & 8th. Aves. Theres lots to see, also 5th ave. Thats where lots of celebrities do their shopping gotta pay big $$ for anything, but just going to see is fun. Central Park is a beautiful place to visit, although it might still be a bit cold but it's just a great place to hang out. Then of course there is the reg statue of liberty, the empire state building and oooooooooo you are going to the yankee's game. You can wear anything there, most people are drunk there anyway. Everyone looks the same. Spiker take the subway everywhere, it's faster and very easy to take and I will say it is also safe. I took it yesterday and there is no way you can get lost in NY city. It's the easiest city to move around, theres lots of cops and help in every corner if needed. I can go on forever, so if you have any questions I'll be happy to help you. Bring lots of film, have fun. cool

#173311 02/19/05 05:39 PM
E
E
If you want to see "Names" try the Post House. It's on 73rd between Park Ave and Madison (I think). Last time I was there the following were there, Walter Cronkite, Andy Rooney, the gal that stared in "Dolly", forgot her name, Jhonny Bench. The food is excellent as well. You may need to show your financial statement before they let you in.

Another great is the "Four Seasons" 58th & 6th & Le Pergoure, I know it isn't spelled right but ask around. Oh yeah, and Giambellis, 53rd & something. If these don't put a dent in your plastic, nothing will. Enjoy.

#173312 02/19/05 10:06 PM
Carol Channing wink

#173313 02/20/05 01:22 AM
S
spiker Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi to all,
Thanks for all the info.
We have pretty much decided to go to the Friday night game but since our time is so short we will not go to the Saturdy game but instead we will do as many of the "sight seeing" places we can on Saturday.
We have heard that the harbor tour is a must..... Will the weather be suitable for this or should we save that for another time?
Thank you all for the great input, it will make a big difference in our trip.
Anyone in AC between March 11-25th , we are at the Palms.
Hope to see and thank as many of the people on this board as we can. Your comments and suggestions have only made us look forward to the trip more than we normally do a holiday.
THANK YOU

Thanks Again,
John & Janice
PS - Anyone want tickets to the Yankee/ Baltimore game on April 9th ???

#173314 02/20/05 01:39 AM
The boat around Manhattan would be fun.....and probably a little chilly - or. better yet, since $$ is no issue, take a chopper!

give 'em to IM to auction off - he takes anythinfg wink

#173315 02/20/05 10:57 AM
S
S
Check out The Big Easy , located on Manhattan's Upper East Side, on 2nd avenue between 92nd & 93rd streets. They are open 7 days a week, and pride themselves on cheap drinks, good music, and a complete lack of morality.

The young owners absolutely love Belize.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.