BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#17423 11/26/03 02:05 PM
Pedro1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Every month or so a couple of us more daring San Pedro dwellers go off into the wilderness known as Caye Caulker.
We arrive with our blue charriot and parked up at Popeyes dock which is currently being used by the water taxis as the town dock is being repaired.I was in charge of finding beers (I am generally good at this)-I went to Popeyes and found the bar is now part of a 20 unit condo type hotel fortunately there is a wooden hut that had a couple of cold ones before I had even paid for them the chap tried to rent us a golf car and arrange a couple of island trips.We left for more tranquil surroundings and walked into the Cyber Cafe had a couple of beers each(good and cold)but the scenery was not up to much and it was decided that lunch was a good idea.We wobbled out to the street and noticed loads of non-sun tanned people-Charlie was hungry though and as she is a welcome guest at the Rainbow Restaurant where we sat down and had to move as the table was reserved-the waitress informed us they only had one free table near the toilets and that the food would be slow in coming but the beers would come every 10 minutes(good and cold)-the restaurant was packed and it turned out they were all from a cruise ship/s.We had a good lunch and many beers and meandered off to see OJ at the"Oceanside" bar where we had a few more.It was then back to the beach where we saw that "Rasta Pasta" was really busy and that every where else looks like a building site/s for condo development.
We got in our charriot and went to see the scenery at the "Split Bar" -no good scenery but plenty of Mr. Belikins (good and cold)-funnily enough we saw no backpackers/students or youngish people-CC maybe changing-we did see loads of cruise ship type guests-we then ran out of money and it was time to go.

eek :rolleyes:

The backpacker/youngish crowd people from Caye Caulker were all in San Pedro (complaining about the traffic) on a day trip snorkel tour.

Who was the DD?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Pedro1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Charlie of course!!!!!!!!-she drank water all day.

Pedro1, I've enjoyed reading your honest postings for the last few months. I plan to spend the month of January on the cays letting my hands thaw. After a week in San Pedro I'd planned on a few weeks on Caye Caulker where the biggest dissension of my day would be what time to get up. But cruse ships...condo salespeople...the daily tide of people coming in the morning and leaving at night sound a little too busy for me. There must be a corner of your planet a little less traveled.
As a man I have needs, got a source for good cigars in Belize City?

Pedro1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Cigars are realy easy to find there are a number of guys who wander around selling by the box -price around 275-300 bzd my advice is to buy by the unopened box.
I like caye caulker I was just surprised on my last visit-I did not see condo sales people but I did see a load of cruise shippers

On a bad day we get about 100 cruise ship people maximum, on a good day we get none.

Thank-you Pedro1 and Siklpanter. I'm resting better, after all ready having some other hideaway holes stolen by the human cruse ship tide. I travel light so can blow with the wind, just for new places like this.
Pedro1 I get a kick out of video every time I watch it. I think I hope we meet up with you. Good luck and best wishes.

WOW mad
glad i missed cruise ship day

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day