Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#174479 03/20/05 08:47 AM
Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
So, I'm sitting here at the computer minding my own business, checking email, catching up on my favourite bulletin boards.

Hubby comes lurking up behind me (stop right there and get your mind out of the gutter) peeks over my shoulder and sees 'Ambergris Caye and Belize' He says sweetly "Why don't we go back there next January?" laugh laugh laugh

What a way to start the day!!! Wheeee!!!

Hon

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
#174480 03/21/05 07:59 AM
Too bad he didn't say, "Why don't we go there next week"!
Do you take your passport, hon? Everone needs a passport I guess. Mine is expired and they are making me go through the gauntlet to renew. Geez, it's not as if they don't know who I am... my old passport exists. And to try to get a birth certificate out of the Quebec government... in french correspondence no less which is not an issue for me but they are so slow...

#174481 03/21/05 09:07 AM
Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
But next week I won't have won the Xanadu prize in the SPSC raffle wink

Because you have to connect in the States, you do NEED a passport. I saw a Canadian woman trying to get through customs/security in Charlotte NC without one...talk about a gauntlet! She was at the kiosk for at least 20 minutes and then was ushered off to another room for gawd knows what. eek

Although it could happen anyway, for any number of reasons, I think you're better off jumping through the hoops here rather than appear to be a security risk in the USA just because you don't have a passport.

Hon

#174482 03/21/05 12:34 PM
S
S
No passport, no entry into Belize, no exceptions (and it must have 6 months remaining until expiry).

One of our clients were told by their travel agent that they could use their birth certificates (US), two of the group used their passports and were enjoying the beach as of Saturday afternoon, the remaining 5 are still sitting in Texas trying to get their passports renewed.

#174483 03/21/05 02:02 PM
Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
As far as I know, the woman was never in Belize. From hearing the escalating argument, I was under the impression that she had driven to Mexico, had car trouble and was attempting to fly back to Toronto. How she got into Mexico or got on a plane leaving Mexico destined for an American airport without a passport, I don't know. I do know that she was definitely not getting out of Charlotte without muchos hassles.

Hon

#174484 03/21/05 11:06 PM
In all seriousness I would NEVER leave the country (Canada) now without a passport. The hassles are just not worth it. And I plan to have medical insurance safely in place too, even though theoretically our Canadian coverage is enough. I think that is baloney and have heard some horror stories.

Guess terrorism has its lessons.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.