Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
M
the only answer: confiscate the boat and sink it in the area of the reef damage and use as a dive site/destination!

a local dive operator told me the boat was owned by an "absentee" resort owner - but I wonder

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Hon Offline
mad mad mad

This pisses me off! No excuse is good enough. These idiots should be hauled naked over the broken reef and left to fester in the sun until they blister. Maybe then they would have a little respect for the environment.

Hon aka The Sea Hugger

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
eek eek mad mad frown frown

Keel - hauled, Hon. Tradition, tradition..

for those of you who have not seen this vessel....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17689087@N00/8955696/

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
I'm choked. I suggested that good friend of mine look into the positions that they had available.

It won't matter though, cuz as soon as I tell what happened, there will be no further pursuit of employment.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Wow, that's a big boat! Too big to be inside the reef in my opinion......

Grace DeVita
Wow - big is right! Hey klcman - like the graffiti beam shots! I know where they are!!! wink

Unbelievable

we have cruise ships destroying the reef -with their passengers and overloaded day trip boats which cause more damage than is possible to imagine.
the captain of the "summerwind" went to ask the authorities what to do and was told to park outside the reef (the ship was bottoming out)-under advice he moored outside the reef and indeed caused damage to the reef-he was told a fine would be levied (approx 25Kusd)-no problem and then nothing more was said about the incident-apparently on these incidents a boat and her captain has to be charged within 48 hours -this naturally did not happen.
Now people are screaming that the boat should be charged 500.000usd,and that it left illegally -it,of course did not-
we have had many vessels hit, get stuck on the reef and no-one got charged -accidents happen-and the owners were prepared to pay a fair amount of money-yet no-one in authority managed to follow the laws which would have allowed 25k or more to be collected-
it is also interesting "the mob mentality" that people who have not even been here and those that have will only listen to one side of what actually happened.
worse yet is it just jealousy

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 207 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.