Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#177432 06/05/05 04:18 PM
OP Offline
This week, my dears, I (so, so proudly) announce that I am working the chipwagon for the Mopar Internationals (INRA) at Grand Bend Ontario. Let me first describe my facility (chipper) to you. I have a large charbroiler (bbq). I have a flat top (like a cast iron frying pan but huge) and I have deep fryers. At this event, I am working mostly "the pits" where guys service their cars that are in the competition. But I will attempt to serve about 1000 people a day (mostly guys, mostly single, YES my wardrobe is ready!).

I was hoping to vary my menu a bit, not just burgers,hot dogs, footlongs, chicken & fishburgers. So I am looking for variations on a)my existing stuff, for eg. cheesy chili fries and b)new stuff you folks have had in fast food/carnival food that impressed you. I only have three days to plan. And then I am into the thick of things, and wondering which room I can use to store all my money.

The "joint" (carny-talk for game/food concession) next to me sells fajitas and Philly steaks so despite all the recipes and encouragement from dear Denny, Philly steak expert extraordinaire, I shan't be stepping on her toes THIS year.

I am the only joint with REAL fries - everyone else is frozen. Yeah!! and thanx ahead of time all contributors. There's a burger in it for ya!

So, toppings for fries, unusual burgers etc. is what I am looking/dying for. Oooh my nerves are fried, my to-do lists are long! Love y'all!

Mugs of soup with a sandwich.

Reality..What a concept!
OP Offline
Tuna melts okay, Papa? Oh and NO green bean salad, in case anyone was going to suggest....

It is going to be HOT, maybe record HOT here this week, so I thought soup would be out. But can do some interesting salads like my (famous/infamous) creamy chicken caesar pasta salad. Or greek salad, with a grilled chicken breast added.

Have you tried french fried sweet potatoes?

Or lamb burgers. Ground lamb mixed with feta cheese and the usual seasonings.

OP Offline
Warren dahling, YES!!! My sweet potato fries are a huge hit, and you know what? I also do turnip (rutabaga) fries. MMMmmmm, with gravy, you think you just had Christmas dinner! Lamb burgers don't go over well but I (am ashamed to say) adore cooking and eating lamb (sorry folks).

L
L
How about pita bread? Have a bunch of filling recipes. My favorite, and anyone from Iowa will know this one: It is called Maid rites or a loose meat sandwich. Can be made up in a big batch in a crockpot. Really easy, and one guys love.

R.B. Mernitz
Huge turkey legs are always a hit (can be found at every fair and even Disney World here in Florida). If doing drinks(non-alcoholic of course) frozen lemonaid is great! i guess if you wanted to try it alcoholic way,could try using Mike's hard lemnonaide.

They'll all be so tanked on "Blue" and CC so who will notice your great cooking??? I say give 'em Soy bean burgers and Costco hot dogs and run right to TD bank with all those hard earned loonies!!!! Then you can make a trip to AC to invest the $$$ in some one barrel and the BHL!!! laugh cool

Or just deep fry some Twinkies and Snicker bars!!!! cool

Maid Rite, Muscatine, Iowa 1926. I was their first customer. laugh

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.