Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#177593 06/06/05 08:06 AM
OP Offline
Jake was dying. His wife, Becky, was maintaining a candlelight vigil by his side. As she held his fragile hand, her praying roused him from his
slumber; he looked up and his pale lips began to move slightly.

"Becky my darling," he whispered. .

"Hush my love," she said. "Rest, don't talk."

He was insistent. "Becky," he said in his tired voice, "I have something that I must confess."

"There's nothing to confess," replied Becky, "Everything's all right, go to sleep."

"No, no. I must die in peace, Becky. I ... I slept with your sister, your best friend, her best friend, and your mother!"

"I know, sweetheart," whispered Becky, "let the poison work."

reds-place.com
#177594 06/06/05 08:19 AM
If you ever testified in court, you might wish you could have been as sharp as this Cop. A defense attorney was
cross-examining a police officer during a felony trial - it went like this:

Q. Officer, did you see my client fleeing the scene?
A. No sir, but I subsequently observed a person matching the description of the offender running several blocks away.

Q. Officer, who provided this description?
A. The officer who responded to the scene.

Q. A fellow officer provided the description of this so-called offender.

Q. Do you trust your fellow officers?
A. Yes sir, with my life.

Q. With your life? Let me ask you this then officer, do you have a room where you change your clothes in preparation for your daily duties?
A. Yes sir, we do.

Q. And do you have a locker in that room?
A. Yes sir, I do.

Q. And do you have a lock on your locker?
A. Yes sir.

Q. Now why is it, officer, if you trust your fellow officers with your life, that you find it necessary to lock your locker in a room you share with those same officers?

A. You see sir, we share the building with the court complex,and sometimes lawyers have been known to walk through that room.

With that, the courtroom erupted in laughter, and a prompt
recess was called.. The officer on the stand has been nominated
for this year's "Best comeback" line and we think he'll win.

Sorry Lawyers... smile

#177595 06/06/05 10:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Cute story, but any attorney who engages in such a completely irrelevant line of questiong as that deserves what he gets - to say nothing of the judge who would let proceedings in his courtroom get that off the mark

#177596 06/06/05 10:36 AM
S
S
It's a JOKE!!!

#177597 06/06/05 11:38 AM
you have to love it..

Living The Dream Every Day!
#177598 06/06/05 11:47 AM
Oh, no. That's a true story. My brother-in-law knew a guy whose sister knew this guy who once worked in a cafe down by the courthouse. He said that he'd heard from a cook on another shift that one of the waitresses was in a stall in the bathroom and overheard a conversation through the wall where this one guy was telling another guy about his cousin (she thought his name was Jimmy) who had a sister-in-law that lived next door to a guy that was in court one day. And he heard it.

I'm pretty sure that's right. :p

* I Go Pogo *
#177599 06/06/05 12:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Cat mo is precisely correct. I know this because I spoke with my next door neighbor whose neice's boyfriend's mother's sister was called for jury duty and while she was waiting to be called into the courtroom heard two attorneys in the hallway discussing the stupidity of their fellow attorney asking such irrelevant questions . . .

Oh, and Jesse - I know, me too! wink

#177600 06/06/05 12:06 PM
hi cucui,
will you visit texas again any time soon?

#177601 06/06/05 12:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hi gay/and or david
no plans now, but I do have a case that may require some depositions there in August, 'cept I think it's in the Austin area. if I do come back can david give me dance lessons????

#177602 06/06/05 12:14 PM
sure thing, they don't call him david patrick swaze for nothing! let us know when you will head this way. davids parents live in the austin area.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.