Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#17833 02/19/04 03:45 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Looking for any information on Hamanasi Dive Resort and rooms. Also any information on the treehouse locations.

#17834 02/19/04 04:42 PM
B
B
We stayed in Hamanasi in one of their tree houses last September and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The tree house is really not a tree house though. It is built up in the trees but it is on stilts (maybe 30 feet up in the air). No t.v. or refrigerator in the tree house either (but it is air conditioned). The grounds at Hamanasi are immaculate. Great pool. We did not get the meal package at the resort because we like to go to the "local" type resturants when ever we are on vacation. Hopkins is a great little village with some very good lillte resturants. Do not let the outside appearance fool you on some of the local resturants. They are clean and the food is awesome. Hope this helps. If you have any more questions fire away and I will try to answer them the best I can.

#17835 02/19/04 05:55 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks Bonjoe,

Are these treehouses close to the beach? How do you rate the beach area? Do you think it is better to not get the meal package? How accessable are tours from Hamanasi. Any other comments about things to do and not to do? I'm thinking about going there the first week in Aug for our honeymoon. Thanks again for your help.

Daran

#17836 02/19/04 08:02 PM
B
B
The tree houses are on the backside of the resort. You can walk to the beach in a minute or two. No view of the beach though from the tree houses. The meal package is totally up to you. We like trying new / different types of food that has a local flair to it. We normally ate breakfast at the resort and did a late lunch or early dinner in Hopkins (a couple minute drive from the resort). I do not dive but the group I was with went diving and a great time. Did a canoeing trip down the Sittee River and we seen a lot of wild life (birds, crocs, huge land crabs, bats, ect...). I thought that was well worth it. Pre orderd a traditional Garfuna meal at the Watering Hole one night and was one of the best meals that I had in our entire stay in Belize. Here is a web site for Hopkins that might be helpful - http://www.hopkinsbelize.com/

Click on eating Hopkins style and that will give a a better understanding of the resturants in the village. We ate at Innes and Iris'. Both were very good. My personal favorite was the Watering Hole.

Hamanasi is a great resort and I would definitly stay there again.

#17837 02/19/04 11:49 PM
CND Offline
We stayed at Hamanasi In Nov of 2002 we really like it. We also did some tours with them that were also very good the crew & tours were very good, But we have found on our return trips you get a more personal & reasonable priced tour if you go with on of the local guides.

Some people like the all inclusive thing & some people do not I personally do not like to eat at the same restaurant in my home town for every meal any more than I do when I am on holiday. I guess it all depends if you are a foodie or not.

If you look in the link I posted here the first folder has Pics of Hamanasi & there is some contact info for some local guides.

//ambergriscaye.com/message/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000953

You will have a great time no matter what you choose

#17838 02/21/04 10:57 PM
C
C
Hello to anyone who is out there !! I`am lost on this forum , but could someone inform me where the cruise lines port at ? (preferably `Carnival` ) It`s our first cruise, and I`am trying to figure where on the island the ship docks the closet. PLEASE let my wife & I know if Belize is worth seeing. And what day tours are the best ? We send our congrats to eveyone who helps us!! Gary~~~

G.Fitz.
#17839 02/22/04 03:23 PM
All the cruise ships come into Belize City. The harbor is too shallow for the big ships to dock, so passengers are tendered in. The Fort Point Tourist Village is where you'll disembark -- there are around 30 little shops there. You can walk to other points of interest such as the Museum of Belize, House of Culture, St. John's church and others.

I think most people on this forum would say that Belize is well worth seeing!

The most popular cruise ship tours are the snorkel trips to Shark-Ray Alley and elsewhere, and the cave tubing trips. Trips to Lamanai, Altun Ha and Xunantunich Maya sites are also popular.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#17840 02/22/04 03:28 PM
On Hamanasi, I think it's a fine place. I personally prefer the beachfront suites over the rooms or tree houses. Beautiful pool, good dive operation. The restaurant is pretty good, as is the restaurants at Beaches & Dreams and Jaguar Reef, but there are some local places that are worth visiting, for the food and the local color -- Innies, Iris' and Marva's are three good places, basically in people's homes.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#17841 02/24/04 11:50 PM
C
C
Thank you everyone !!!! We arive in Belize on the 9th (in two weeks) and we can`t wait ! What can we expect when get off our cruise ship ? People ? Activities? Places to see ? Do the people there hound you for stuff ?

G.Fitz.
#17842 02/24/04 11:53 PM
C
C
How long does it take to get to shore when you get off the ship ? Is the water taxi free that brings you to the shore ? (i know, i know too many questiions) I`am just one those who has to be informed first hand ! Thank you much friends !!!

G.Fitz.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.