Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
smile Have some guests that would like to go to Lamanai Outpost Lodge. So far the only way they have found to get there cost more than the accommodations.
Anybody know a more economic way to get there? cool

Doug & Maria Podzun

1. The cheapest: I think there are still a couple of buses a week to Indian Church village from Orange Walk Town.

2. Bus down to OW and take a boat up the New River -- several tour operators do the day trips to Lamanai from OW, and Lamanai ruin are only half a mile or so to Lamanai Outpost Lodge.

3. Go to your new neighbor, Copa Banana, and rent a car, or else have Budget deliver one from Belize City. Easy, fun drive.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
OP Offline
They got a bus to Orange Walk and New River Cruises took them for US$25. each to the lodge. They came back that way too. They were very happy with the trip and Lamanai Outpost Lodge.
Copa Banana no longer has a rental car. It was smashed up about a month ago in a horrible accident. The wife was killed in the incident and the husband thrown in jail.

Doug & Maria Podzun

Actually, I believe Copa Banana does still have a rental car -- a Kia SUV. I'm told they are also getting the Tracker fixed and are bringing another car down later in the year, for a total of three.

But, yes, as I say, busing to OW and then going up the river is the way 95% of visitors to Lamanai do it.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.