Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Hey folks. I have never dived (dove) but do know some film techniques plus watched the interviews with the director/producer/camera1 and the actors of this film. Originally I saw it about 3 months ago, but have been meaning to ask experts (youse guyz), how hard is it to drown??? In the end, the female lead just wanders off and drowns herself. This seems impossible to me. Is it my desire to live? I would think drowning oneself is a tough way to go. Please comment on the film too. I thought it was very good. I considered the budget, the medium (1/2 video, 1/2 film) and was proud of it for them.

patti... it's not hard at all...

1. Go into water

2. Go under water

3. Open mouth wide

4. Breathe in deeply

5. You pass out and then die

If you fail, repeat #4 over and over eek

S
S
Sorry, I didn't appreciate the film. Some of my friends enjoyed it. I walked out. After 1/2 hour of two people floating in water, I had enough and changed the DVD.

Although possible, I found it hard to imagine the DM leaving two behind, especially a couple - two people, one being female.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
T
T
I'm with you SIN. It would be almost impossible.

OP Offline
Gawd Denny! I'll try tonight (another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody)!

SIN - not the possibilities - ...AND... if you've got a chick with you they'll always remember????
I'll have to remember to take a chick with ME (Queen of chicks)

This movie was based on what happened in Australia on the barrier reef around 1997-98. A couple snuck off to have a romantic dive by themselves and the boat left them. They both died. The dive boats are large and carry up to 45 or 50 people. Since that happened the dive masters check the manifest and take a head count 3 times before heading in. Everyone gets a numbered bracelet to match up on the manifest board also. And to answer the drowning question. Just fill your BC (vest) with some air and stick it out. cool

Play bobbing for shark!

Reality..What a concept!
This same thing happened in Cozumel two years ago with that large cattle boat operation, I shall not name. We were there at the time. Quite sad. We dove and always dive with a operator who max's the boat parties with 8 divers with the DM and a captain and look-out above water. Once they decide to put 40 divers on a boat and think by splitting them into goups of 15 or 20, alls well. Not a safe way to go. Ok, I'll get off my soap box now.

marge, I agree with you on the cattle boats. However down under most of the cattle boats have 1 divemaster to each 5 snorkelers/divers. And I can only add that when tourists go on action/adventure trips they need to follow the rules. people are so used to wandering around in a safe environment they develop a serious lack of respect for the task at hand. And as someone who organizes adventure trips I can tell you first hand...people that don't follow the rules endanger and are a pain in the butt to everyone else! I'm sure the dive operators in SP can tell some pretty good stories about some of their customers! cool

OP Offline
Marge. thanx. All this sounds too scary to even start.

Reaper. Please explain cattle boats. Is this like deep sea fishing from an old ferry, as I once did at the Cape?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.