Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Does anyone on the board have any recommendations for hotels in Playa del Carmen and Cozumel?

I need a cheap hotel on or very close to the beach; there will be 3 of us in the room so it needs 2 beds.

We're heading to Playa on the 17th, 18th and 19th and then Cozumel on the 20th and 21st before heading to Chicago on the 22nd.

Found out it's much cheaper to fly from Cozumel than Cancun.

Thanks all...

Simon...

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Oh yeah, is there a decent message board out there for Playa/Cozumel that anyone knows of?

yat Offline
Pelicano Inn, Playa del Carmen...right on the beach in town. 2 or 3 way split of the room should not be a problem. Get a room with AC.

Hi Simon,
on Cozumel I stay at the Hotel Bahia. The suites have kitchens and two or more beds. Near the plaza and the beach. Cost is US$50 per night.

Dan

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
Simon,
I've had good luck with the "my cozumel" forum. Try it.

Dan

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Dan and Yat, much help.

G
G
Hi Simon,
Stayed at the Hotel Colibri in Playa a couple of weekends ago. It was very nice, cleanm, with two dbl beds in each room, fridge etc, It is just north of the edge of town so we walked everywhere. Think the rate was about 70 US.
The phone # is 984 803 1090 and website is www.hotel-colibri.com
I will be staying there again my next time to Playa. Also, it is not too far north of where the boats transfer to Cozumel.

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Gail, I was just advised that Playa and Cozumel are experiencing a lot of difficulties after the hurricane including sewage and water problems and that many of the hotels were severely damaged. Do you have any insight into how bad it is?

G
G
Simon, we didn't make it to Cozumel but we had no problems in Playa as all the businesses seemed to be back up and running. Did not see a lot of hotel damage there either, but like I said we stayed to the north of town. I did notice several ferry boats going back and forth to Cozumel.
The worst hit area seemed to be Puerto Aventuras which I was told was reopening the week after I was there. Lots of trees and fences down and all thatch gone on the resorts that had it.

W
W
We stay (3 times) at the Gran Porto Real. We love it there. It's on the beach, two block walk to "town". If you go to "trip advisor" you can pull up about any hotel and get forums. Of course as with anything you will get many different opinions on places.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 337 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.