Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
H
Most of the hotels that are effected with hurricane damage have it on their web sites - take a look on tripadvisor.com for lots of listings. Looks like playa was fine or at least most of the damage is fixed.

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for all of your help, I've ended up booking Cancun instead to be safe. I also found that since last week, when it was much cheaper to fly from Cozumel to Chicago to Kansas City to Cozumel, the price has gone way down going from Cancun. We actually saved $500US per ticket! Price per person with all taxes and fees in, per person, via Cancun came to $473 each!

Yeehah, more shopping and nasty fast food money!

G
G
Well Simon, have a great time. Cancun is just not my bag of tea and most likely won't go back but I did enjoy Playa. We have met and will try to stop by your store next month (I return to BZE next month.

L
L
The Yucatan peninsula is a great place, but I can do without Cancun. I would recommend Isla Mujeres - a great little island - quieter, nice beaches, good food, friendly locals. I stayed at Na Balam - would stay there again. Playa is nice too. Cozumel is hit and miss, depending on the cruise ship situation. But, I have never seen a seahorse snorkeling anywhere other than Cozumel - it was pretty cool.

Does that little seahorse have a mask specially fit with a tiny little mouth piece too laugh

Sorry, couldn't resist wink

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Try snorkeling around the TMM dock in the sea grass on the North side, plenty of seahorses there.

Cancun is not the kind of place I would normally go, I'm more of a backs woods off the beaten path kind of guy but in this case it's just a means to get to our main destination. I'll probably try Playa and Cozumel next year and I'd love to stay in the old section of Merida as well.

Simon,

Give www.mybeachboard.com a look. Full of members that travel to MX on a regular basis...many have been going for years. Lots of info; friendly folks.

Since you like off the beaten path, take a look at the Akumal Bay area. It's south of Playa and has some of the better snorkeling in MX. I heard the area was hit pretty hard by the hurricane but should be fine by next year. Craig in WI has vacationed there for many years and you might find his posts interesting...has a recent trip report up, with pics.

Originally posted by Dan Carey:
Hi Simon,
on Cozumel I stay at the Hotel Bahia. The suites have kitchens and two or more beds. Near the plaza and the beach. Cost is US$50 per night.

Dan
http://www.locogringo.com/forums/tm.asp?m=42696 (they have great info for Cozemul.

Fish never hold their breath - Cheers to the Fish!
http://www.virtual-cozumel.com/
hotels.com
Hotel Flamingo Cozumel Click here
Calle 6 Norte #81, Cozumel 2 Stars
http://www.hotelsplayadelcarmen.com/ - use this as a reference then try to book directly.

Fish never hold their breath - Cheers to the Fish!
B
B
Simon, Try the Margarita Hotel in Cancun. Great rooms, great rates. It is not on the beach, It is close to good food and drink. Miss ya'll. Glen.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.