Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#182711 09/19/05 02:36 PM
OP Offline
Well my adopted sanpedro board family members and new adopted local friends... the rumors about my health and what is the real deal need to be addressed. And since I am a real deal guy here is the skinny on my health, for those who care...
At end of April I went for a bone scan. They thought I might have early stages of arthritis. No arthitis, but something showed up on my scan a small bump/blip ?? in my neck .. To make the story short, it was an early stage of thyroid cancer, and a biopsy confirmed this. I went to Dr. after Dr., all said the same thing... surgery to remove it and a good shot at a total cure... Well shut my mouth... did what they said, and it is out and I am doing great???? Two weeks latter my psa levels have been elevated during the past year that my doctor was watching, thank God. Again, not to go into all the details... yep, prostate cancer. Not advanced but in the middle stages. Again, went all over for the best of the best. Picked out the same Dr. and hospital (Mt. Sinai) and the same method of treatment that Rudy Guiliani had, great team. Decided no surgery, try to keep my love life, what little I have??? So option-B, went through the first stage which is 3 months of hormone therapy (boy, I look great in a mini-skirt and I have hair where it shouldn't be), then just two weeks ago had the radiation seed implant done, then in about a month, will start 5 weeks, 5 days a week at Mt. Sinai in NY of radiation to make the cancer cells go bye-bye for good (no chemo is needed for this). They say to me they are looking for a full cure to the situarion, as my levels were low to start with, prognosis is very good and catching it was quick and it was confined which is good........ both cancers where not related to each other... just 'ship' happens in life.
Anyway wanted to share what was happening in my life as I am getting lots of e mails from nice folks. To everyone who has shared your concern and compassion with me, I thank you so much. My e mail address is [email protected]. Life at times gives us a boxing lesson and this is just one of them... but I love life and have always kicked ass and taken names... and I have always lived in the fast lane... am a fighter and will win this battle.... no doubt! The only things that will change... I will send more money to the needy, ie. Lion's Club, Saga/animal rescue, worthy causes, and things that make good sense to the heart, as those who know me know how big my heart really is. I will of course fish lots more, travel all over the world more if possible... for sure, spend more time with my new passion which is sanpdero town at my condo... and always keep my frends close to my heart... and never stop living the dream...

Living The Dream Every Day!
S
S
Way to go Jeff! Keep up the good fight amigo!

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
OP Offline
thanks my brother ,the new photo is so life like of you ..We will have many cold ones together...

Living The Dream Every Day!
Jeff,
My Dad went through the exact same treatment last year and kicked the cancer in its ass for good. I'll be thinking about you.

R
R
Thanks for updating us Jeff! I've been thinking about you and hoping that your treatment was going well.

It's great that you are spreading the word about early detection and treatment.

Best!

Beth

IRM Offline
Hang in there Capt. Jeff! We're all rootin' for ya. I'm sure you'll be fine. Also, lots of guys have hairy palms, not me... but other guys I've met. Take care and keep living your dream.
Luv Mobunny and Irm.

Just think of the possibilities...You're going to have a nuclear powered pecker, a glow worm for night fishing AND when the power goes out at the love shack, just drop your Power Ranger tighty whitey's and lead the way to the liquor cabinet!!! Now..about that hormone therapy...hmmm. If you start wearing high heels and lipstick we're gonna have to reduce your prescription, OR, you'll have to move out to LA with me where you won't stand out at ALL!!!!And yes...I still think you need thrown out...of the plane!!!! cool eek laugh

p.s. come down in February to help Amanda drink her case of Belikin for winning the "name the bridge contest". And I PROMISE to keep the plane door closed!!!! cool

What about the hangar door?

hee hee

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

and if the hormones REALLY work, we can always call you Capt. JESS!

hang tuff bud..we got ur back!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 151 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.