Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#183396 10/23/05 06:11 PM
OP Offline
I am so pissed at Continental Airlines. We bought tickets from San Francisco to Belize in July and now those same tickets are $150.00 (each) cheaper! I have tried to talk to them but it will cost $100.00 per person to change and the credit is in voucher form. The good news for other people is: TACA Airlines has fares from San Francisco to Belize for about $450.00. Good deal!The flights are short - no long layovers.
I feel a bit better now that I have put my frustrations into words.
I know this has happened to lots of you "seasoned" travelers out there. Please share your stories or offer any suggestions - it will make me feel not so "used".
Bummed out in Santa Cruz,
Pam

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
#183397 10/23/05 06:18 PM
I think that has happened to all of us. I remember a trip once planned to Cabo San Lucas. I bought my ticket for $600 and it dropped down to $400 at one point. The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to purchase and never look back. Never check the fairs.

Understand how you feel, in Houston, laugh
travelqueen

#183398 10/23/05 06:47 PM
I agree, we went on Continental this year and had the same thing happen. Booked on AA last year and when it went down they refunded. There were 2 reductions on AA the first one they refunded but the last was only a week before the trip so they issued a voucher.

I also agree with travelqueen. When you decide to go just book the best you can find and go with it. Although I also continue to check even though I usually end up PO like you.

#183399 10/23/05 07:12 PM
OP Offline
Thanks, I'm feeling better already. I knew you guys & gals would have words of wisdom that would make me feel better. American is cheaper than Continental - should have gone with them it sounds like. They sure have a different policy. I need to look into that next time.
I know, the important thing is that we are blessed in the fact that we are going to vacation on AC! It's only money... If it just weren't so hard to come by!!!
Pam

#183400 10/23/05 07:53 PM
huh, not sure if I should comment but I do not see where you are comming from being upset with Continental. This happens with ALL airlines! And all fares are subject to change at any time for several reasons including gas prices and perhaps how full/not full the flights get. This is business and they are entitled to change fares. If you were them, you would too. Perhaps if you have not sold enough tickets you would run specials, or if gas prices went down lower prices.

You were not 'used' as they charged that price to EVERYONE at the time you bought it.

I guaruntee this will happen if you again if you decide to start using another airline. The only difference you will find is continental is one of the few airlines ontime nearly every time, great service, and one of the FEW airlines left with meals.

Flown Continental to/from Belize 9 times now (and several other destinations) and been ontime or early everytime. VERY friendly flight attendents.

#183401 10/23/05 08:07 PM
Agree w/ ke. I too have been upset with paying what turned out to be an extra $100 - $200 per tickt on different flights. However, when it comes to Central America you get a far superior service with Continental.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
#183402 10/23/05 09:06 PM
oh, oh, and I just flew Continental 4 days ago to Belize and I was very ill but didn't make it known. Aparently it showed as one flight attendent asked if I was okay since I aparently didn't look like I felt alright. She ended up checking on me 4 times in the 2 hour flight(and I was not making an issue or asking her to). When I got off asked me how I was doing, wished me a nice flight to the island and wished me well...

Just one more reason beyond why I already love them. I've got to write them a letter thanking her.

#183403 10/23/05 09:26 PM
OP Offline
Glad to hear good reports regarding Continental's flights. The customer service department was very rude. I think that is why I got so upset. The woman stated, "You have three tickets - it will cost you $300.00 to make any changes, end of subject." I don't believe in treating people that way. I am a businesswoman and understand the need to make a profit. If Continental honored my tickets for the price they are offering today, believe me - they would not lose money. Bottom line, buy tickets early and there is always the gamble that they will be cheaper at a later date, for whatever reason. One would think that with the price of fuel having gone through the roof in the past couple months airfares would be going up not down. Oh well, who knows what dictates airfares. Thanks for your comments...

#183404 10/23/05 09:32 PM
oh, that's too bad you ran into someone rude. I feel you. I don't care for bad attitudes either. It seems every customer service dept I call for any company has rude people more often than not. I too am a buiswoman and get irritated in biz with the way many people speak in the workplace! It's definately hard for large companies to ensure every single person is courteous or doesn't take out their bad days on their customers.

I am sure after you fly with them you will be happy again.

#183405 10/23/05 09:37 PM
OP Offline
Wow ke! Continental should pay you as a public relations rep! You should never have to buy another ticket. I am truly excited now to experience the type of in-flight service you are speaking so highly of. My last flight to Costa Rica had such cranky flight attendants, they all needed to retire.
Hope you are feeling better in paradise.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.