Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#186311 01/03/06 12:59 PM
OP Offline
I just noticed the lyrics to Madonna's "La Isla Bonita" posted on the AC website...

Was that song actually written about San Pedro, AC?

"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere"
That's what they say
smile

The Weather is here - I wish you were beautiful...

- Billy Clyde
I don't think so. If you listen to the lyrics closely there is no connection made at all.

Plus I don't believe she ever was on the island. People make the connection because she mentions San Pedro. If you watch her video for the song... her and San Pedro... she's obviously thinking about something other than the town or island. eek

C
C
.-.

and how many San Pedro's are there anyway? I can think of a dozen without taxing my damn-back-in-the-office-brain ( No comments big E)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
S
S
I've always heard that it was about our San Pedro. Even if not, I like to think it is! "Last night I dreamt of San Pedrooooo."

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I had the same question and did a search on this topic last year. This quote: "Her song "La Isla Bonita" (1986) was inspired by a visit she made to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize, with her then-husband Sean Penn," appears on several Madonna websites. I never could find anything else to substantiate that she and Penn had been to Belize. The video for the song was filmed at a castle in Spain, but Spain does not fit the "tropical" references in the song, so I still like to believe San Pedro inspired the lyrics.

S
spl Offline
S
no, it was not written about San Pedro. You can find readings where she explains where it is written about, another san pedro somewhere else. However, fits san pedro very well.

OP Offline
Interesting. Thanks guys!

"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere"
Last night I dreamt of San Pedro...?"

OH. I always thought it was "last night I dreamt of some Pedros..." And since "a" is one, "a couple" is two, and "a few" is three, "some" must be at least four...

I've got this great mental image of four guys wearing nametags..."Hello my name is Pedro"... and dancing!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.