Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
jaybug Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I was just wondering what the consensus is on the disposable underwater cameras. What are your favorites? Which do you not like so much? Would like you opinions before I buy!

C
C
Buy them in the states and take them with you or you'll pay $20 usd each on the island. Check the ASA/ISO for film speed and get the ones with a flash if you're going over 20'...other than that check the price.....cheapest is the bestest!

We've used many different and found we didn't like the Kodak cameras ~ pictures didn't seem to take what we had looked at?? Hehe, maybe it was just us but it happened w/3 cameras. Anyways, have had good luck w/the Fujis.
Good idea to get them at home and take along and great idea for a flash.

J
jaybug Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Snowbird...thanks for the opinion. I do plan on buying in the states and bringing them with. We are not diving while there but plan to do quite a bit of snorkeling. I have heard similar experiances with the kodak cameras from other people, and sort of already had the feeling I was going to buy Fuji, I have heard pretty good things about them. I just wanted some other opinions on the subject!

Use the Fuji

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
C
C
Ndot one to "pick" for anyone else.......I too prefer the Fuji!

Jaybug,
my favorite disposable underwater camera has always been the Nikonos. It's not designed to be disposable, but I flooded two of them during an expedition to Truk and they both ended up on the parts pile. Darn the bad luck!

Dan

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
J
jaybug Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks to all. I just ended up buying the underwater houseing for my Nikon Coolpix 7900. It takes up less space than a bunch of disposable cameras, and I can pick and choose the ones I want to keep! I will die if the casing leaks and ruins my camera, but hopefully I will have good luck!

well hell jay, ya shoulda told us before that ya had a digi! Look at all the brain cramping we had to do...and for what? laugh laugh

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Originally posted by jaybug:
Thanks to all. I just ended up buying the underwater houseing for my Nikon Coolpix 7900. It takes up less space than a bunch of disposable cameras, and I can pick and choose the ones I want to keep! I will die if the casing leaks and ruins my camera, but hopefully I will have good luck!
If that's your only camera, I'd not risk it. I know for me, if my camera flooded underwater I'd die. Its not worth the risk.

"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.