Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18826 01/10/05 06:11 PM
H
OP Offline
H
Just so you know, I deleted the other post. It must have just been a bad day all around during a busy season. I don't want to cause any longterm harm to a place that is so beloved by so many.

-Marci

#18827 01/10/05 07:20 PM
E
E
Marci, if you have an opinion that you beleive in, you should stick by it no matter what others may say, because thats their opinion and yours is as good as theirs.

#18828 01/10/05 07:34 PM
S
S
Marci: Good move! Your karma is much better now.

#18829 01/10/05 07:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I'm siding w/ Mr. Missing on this one. I have travelled extensively, including a couple of third world countires, and have come to learn you can't expect American standards in many places abroad. However, what you can expect is truth in advertising and polite and efficient service. Sounds like Marci didn't get either. I'm glad I got to read the post before it was deleted.

#18830 01/11/05 11:03 AM
D
D
Marci, I think you found one of the things about this board that drives ne nuts as well. Any negative experience that you relate ,will always end in you being trashed by the others. When the only thing you read about Belize is goodness and light sort of makes you wonder a bit doesnt it?

#18831 01/11/05 03:59 PM
If I were to base my choice of places to stay on certain amenities offered, and then did not have them available, I would be a bit peeved. If I was told my desired tours were all arranged, and then find out when I got there that that wasn't the case, the peeve would be multiplied. Sounds like someone dropped the ball. The frogs, on the other hand, are another story, unless you had specifically requested information on any wildlife interrupting your sleep. Let's face it, everyone has their own opinion. I've seen a lot of negative stuff on this board over the last few years, and if it is presented as an opinion, it generally doesn't get bad responses.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
#18832 01/11/05 05:56 PM
I agree Bobber, totally. Presentation is the key.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#18833 01/11/05 08:31 PM
K
K
Goody, here is my chance to get in something that has become a real pest on the island and I am not talking about mosquitoes here. Time share pushers! A couple told me just yesterday that they were virtually dragged towards a "big red boat" and when they told the guy they were not interested he got downright nasty. I hear it over and over again. This is the kind of stuff that is eventually going to drag San Pedro down, not negative comments on this board or even cruise ships or being asked on the beach if you are in need of something or other in a nice and friendly way and if you say no, fine, done deal!

#18834 01/11/05 08:54 PM
Evil time share pushers can be quite rude if you tell them you are not interested. If they persist on annoying you, they are fair game. If you become a little belligerent and abusive, they tend to back off and you might just get a round of applause from the bystanders. This is just my experience. I am a very nice person, but my time on any island is MY time. Have a nice day smile

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
#18835 01/11/05 09:20 PM
S
S
The funny thing is, the majority of these timeshare agents do not have permits to work in Belize. How is it that they can get away with this?

I also understand the SPTB has formally prohibited this particular resort from allowing their agents to patrol in golf carts while scoping out prospects. I see now, they patrol on foot.

I think it's just a matter of time before some sort control is put in place on this overly aggresive style of marketing. There is a better way, but unfortunately greed has taken over for now.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.