BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18885 01/19/05 03:10 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hi! I visited Caye Caulker about 20 years ago or so. I'm heading to Ambergris Caye in a month for a much needed vacation and couldn't think of anywhere, this side of the Atlantic, I'd rather revisit. Anyway, I was remembering some names from Caye Caulker and wondered if anyone knew anything about them. I remember Chocolate, the boat driver/captain, who drove us back and forth from Belize City. I stayed at Tom's (Tom Young). Are they still around? Oh, and there was a lady who made the best best lobster pies and sold them piping hot and fresh out of her home window every afternoon. I still have the photos of all these folk and thought I'd bring 'em along .

#18886 01/20/05 09:19 AM
Bring the photos, sounds like a good idea. Chocolate is sitll around, although he's not running water taxi, he takes people out on manatee tours, and he's pretty old now too. Tom's hotel is still there, (and so is Tom and Old Mr. Tom) but its not the little wooden place anymore, its 20 rooms, 2 stories, in concrete. About the lobster pie lady... bring the photo and I'm sure someone will remember her.
--Lee

#18887 01/20/05 12:46 PM
Silk - Sorry I missed you when I was in Caye Caulker last week. I stopped in your shop but you were out. Nice place. The island has really grown! Maybe next time I can meet you in person! I didn't have any chocolate with me anyway.... wink

#18888 01/20/05 10:42 PM
B
OP Offline
B
HI Silk

OH, I will bring them all!! I just dug them out and found some of some boat builders working on beautiful wooden boats, fisherman cleaning fish on the back side of the island pier etc., some young kids who will be twenty something year olds now...

I've read some things about Caye Caulker here and there, having little shops etc lining the "main street", and that sounds like it has changed alot! I don't remember many shops, except a diving shop. a few hotels( I see an Edith's Hotel in one shot) some eating places and not very much else! It was perfect! ('cept a few invasions of no-see-mes!)

I bet the Tom I have the shots of is perhaps "old" Mr. Tom now!

Oh, the photos gave me a memorable peaceful mini mind vacation. Chocolate had a beautiful head of hair and a stark white moustache.

I'm taking this upcoming trip with a girlfriend and we are staying in Ambergris, but I still think my heart will remain in the peace and intimacy of Caye Caulker.

DO you live in Belize??

Time for bed here..

Thanks for the reply :-)
Christine

#18889 01/21/05 10:30 PM
Yes I live on Caye Caulker, my shop is on Front Street just north of the police station. For more recent photos of Caye Caulker check out this website: http://www.cybercayecaulker.com
--Lee

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day