Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I said I'd never do it but this coming Sunday I'll be jumping out of a perfectly good airplane to raise funds for the Saga Humane Society. We'll be selling raffle tickets to see how close I get to the bulls-eye. There will also be side bets taken on whether or not I wet myself on the way down eek

Saga will have a table set up with information on Saga and the veterinary clinic (Heather now has all of papers in order so full services will start soon (and house calls).) We'll also bring some of the dogs from the kennels to see if we can't find some of these guys a home.

The time is still to be announced but raffle tickets will go on sale at the clinic, Pampered Paws and Caye Management on Wednesday. Tickets will be $2, $5, and $10, the higher priced tickets payout 50% of ticket sales, the $5 tickets payout 35% and $2 tickets payout 25%.

Hope to see you all there for my crash landing!

Cool, thanks. Karmin and I will stop by today. Karmin will buy a few! Hope Kathy is there, need her expertise on something.

Simon
How about bringing some of your adoptable dogs up to the landing site? I've taken my two pot lickers to town with me the last couple of days and people make over them something aweful. A number of people have expressed interest in taking one home. I tell them what I know about SAGA and hope they get in touch.
A pretty good crowd gathers up here at the landing site and it is very festive.
Today looks like a good day to jump.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Definitely we'll be bringing some dogs up from the kennels. This will be a good opportunity for pet owners on the North end to come down and meet the new vet as well.

Simon, What a great idea!! How can the unfortunate ones who are not in SP right now participate and buy raffle tickets??? Are you selling them on the Saga site? mobunny

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Sorry but tickets are only available on the island. We'll probably have another fundraiser in April as we still have a ways to go before we'll have enough to build a full clinic and shelter. For that one we'll try and make it possible to by tickets online.

S
S
Simon,
Do you know what time you are jumping yet? Can we buy tickets there?

Thanks

"Just another Day in Paradise"
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yes, the time is confirmed. I'll be jumping at 3pm and tickets will be on sale at the landing zone.

I should be easy to spot, I'll be the one screaming all the way down.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hey Simon, Isn't there some movie trailer or something that goes: "In space, no one hears you scream" ?!?

You're gonna love it - if you don't barf! Wish I was there to get in on the bidding/betting. Happy and safe landing and many ticket sales for SAGA!!

LA

oh lord simon. a perfectly good airplane. chuckle. laugh. good luck. i'd wait for smoke

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 359 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.