Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
I've been on the board for not quite 2 years. I remember getting slammed by a couple of people on some of my very first posts - I also remember getting a great deal of very helpful information. Thick skinned, I kept posting. Still, it took me quite some time and my first trip to San Pedro to feel "in" on this board. Meeting a number of other boarders in person helped.

I know things change and there are ups and downs but the board does seem to have taken on a different tone lately. There have always been people who were a little rude, or insulting or slightly over the top, but I don't recall all the direct attacks and name calling that we've seen as of late. And it seems that conduct has run off a lot of the people I'd grown accustomed to seeing. I miss crackerlarry, jesse, fuzzynavel. Whatever happed to that richguy? I don't hear nearly enough from Simon anymore, or the Pedros or Chloe or mailbu. Where's madmatt and what happened to hon and that chipwagon chick? I bet ChooChoo is still lurking somewhere. Even Jeb? And man do I miss Reef Ransom. And lots of others I haven't named. I don't miss all these posters because I agreed with them all the time - hardly! It's just that they provided some variety to what we're seeing too much of in recent weeks.

I suppose taking a break is one way of dealing with so much negativity. I'd rather stay and out post 'em. Come on guys and gals - let's take our board back . . .

That's MY rant for the day -

Is there such a thing as a thin skinned lawyer?
On the other hand, I agree with you (under an assumed name of course)

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
What's your assumed name? Are you chipwagon chick?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Howdy Law.... I've been very busy here approving home loans. But yes, when I do spy a bit I don't post because of the reasons you list. I try to ignore it...and mainly I'm not posting because I am busy busy busy. Keep on smiling!!! :-)

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hey Mal!
and Bobber - of course there is - and apparently they shouldn't go hunting with the VP!

should you ever get sued for misrepresentation due to that assumed name, feel free to contact me wink

Couldn't agree with you more lawcucui. This board has been infected as of late by some very mean spirited personalities. I was needlessly "slammed" awhile back by someone on this board and have refrained from posting since that attack. I believe the recent negativity has kept many of the regular boarders from joining in on AC discussions. I only wish my skin was as thick as yours. I realize it's only internet bulls***, however, it still smarts when an insult is aimed directly at you with the intention to hurt or degrade.
Lawcucui - Thank you for your long overdue observation.
Pam

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"
Posts/E-mails can be so easily misread and I believe that is the reason for so many people "slamming" others. On the other hand, there are some real AH's on the board who have joined recently. Speaking of, haven't seen them around lately! :p

M
M
Law...Thank you for your voice. I have been lurking around the board both as a member and a non-member for some time now. I found the board to be a wealth of knowledge esp. in planning our first trip back in April. I have been following the board more closely as of late because we will coming down for our 2nd trip on February 20th and your observations are right on the mark. I have refrained from posting for fear of the responses on many an occasion. Again, I thank you for stating what I am sure many of us are thinking.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
tq...and where would you have "seen" these AH's??

And what is it you are thinking MJG? Most of the nasty ones are the long time boarders or have you not noticed that!! eek

i have had several folks email me to say they are afraid to post because they don't want to give pedro a target.

sad to me. but there has also been less of this bad stuff the last week or so. hopefully the message is getting thru to folks, we have been pounding this subject a lot lately

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.