Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#19100 04/06/05 12:28 PM
Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
My husband has this idea that he wants to go to Roatan or Utila to 'see more of the Caribbean'.

Because I do all of the planning and am a bit of a worrier (I was in total panic until I saw San Pedro for the first time), I'd be quite happy with going back to AC endlessly/forever. But, then again, maybe it's time for me to become more of an adventurer eek

Does anyone know how the ambiance of these islands compares to Ambergris Caye?

Hon

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
E
E
Nothing, My dear Hon, compares to A/C. I have lived and traveled all over the globe and always return to San Pedro.

IM

I couldn't have said it any better...and second that!

Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
D'ya think I asked this question on the wrong Message Board? smile

Hon

kinda like preaching to the choir

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
E
E
"AMEN" laugh

S
S
Some other low key Caribbean destinations I enjoy:

Xcalak, Quinatana Roo, Mexico
Hopkins Village, Stann Creek, Belize
Livingston, Guatemala
Guanaja/Utila, Honduras
Corn Island, Nicarauga

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
I
I
I'll chime in here. Although we are huge fans of AC and Belize in general (we've been to and stayed in/on/at Glovers, Turneffe, Lighthouse, Palencia, Dangriga, Orange Walk, Ian Anderson's, Maruba), there are magical places all over the world.

Utila and Roatan are two of them. As with all things, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Utila and Roatan are somewhat slower paced than AC (if you can belive that) and almost everyone I know who goes or have met there are avid divers. It is still primarily a place for divers. That said, I've met many a fisherman, barfly, escape artist there and I think anyone with the right frame of mind can have a ball. I'd reccommend trying them if you are so inclined. But stop all that worrying!

Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, thanks a bunch SIN and itsjustme :p Now I'm going to have to put on a really good show of checking these places out laugh

Hon

S
S
Hon... The Bay Islands are wonderful, but a little different than AC. For tourism, diving is the main draw. They do not have the eco-tourism that Belize has in terms of mainland jungle resorts or uncovered Mayan ruins. We like Utila the best. It has a quaint village and we always stay at Laguna Beach Resort (www.utila.com). There is nowhere near the hotel/resort and restaurant infrastructure that AC has so most dive resorts/lodges are all-inclusive. We have also stayed at Posada del Sol on Guanaja and it is very up-scale, but once again, if you don't dive there's not much to do other than relax and read and enjoy the ambience. There are no roads on Guanaja so it's water taxis to get around, and other than the stilt village and hiking, there's not alot to see or do. Roatan is the largest with the most hotels and dive resorts. We have stayed at CocoView dive resort and it is great! The West End area is nice with several hotels and restaurants. Don't go expecting a San Pedro type of village with lot's of shops and restaurants.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 345 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.