S
S
.... like San Pedro of yesteryear.

We will be awaiting your report Hon.

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
If I like what I find as I do my research, I will _consider_ another vacation destination. It's far, far from a done deal cool

Hon

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
R
R
VIEQUEZ, BEAUTIFUL; WILD HORSES ROAMING; UNEXPLORED BEACHES; BUT WHAT DO I KNOW... I'M GOING TO AC FOR THE 1ST TIME THIS MONTH SO I BETTER KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT BEFORE I COMMENT.

H
H
Hi Hon - We did a split holiday to Roatan and SP late last year and i prefer SP(been 3 times in a year). Roatan is quieter - more Caye Caulkerish but i'd say it has more varied diving (if your into that) Another thing to consider is the bugs!!! Roatan is sand fly city - for some reason i didnt actually get badly bitten but everyone i was with was going bananas because of the bites! There is definately more going on in SP but i'd say Roatan is more laid back - it's very lush and green - more beautiful than SP - you can go Zip lining and horse riding along the beach too. We stayed on West Bay Beach at a place called Las Rocas - loved it - met some great people - definately cheaper than SP, but there isnt nearly as big a choice of restaurants and bars . I really loved Roatan and it's how i imagine SP was 15 years ago - hasnt got in my blood like SP does though! Why dont you split your trip - fly to Roatan and then head up to SP like we did- continental flies to Roatan on a sat from Houston and you can go from Roatan to Belize for about $160 us - on a Monday, Wed and Friday on Atlantic airlines. I would definately consider doing the same sort of trip again! Have a great time what ever you end up doing -

S
S
Hi Hon,

You may want to try Bocas Del Toro, Panama. My wife and I have owned a home there for about 5 years and split our time between Boston, SP, and Bocas. Like San Pedro, Bocas Town is completely laid back and you will encounter friendly locals, tourists and expats. We travel often with our grandkids who are 17 and 19 years old. They both seem to enjoy Bocas a little more, but we prefer SP. Have fun wherever you go.

HIL71 DID YOU THEN DEPART FROM BZE OR HAVE TO GO BACK TO ROTAN FOR YOUR RETURN? HOW CRAZY WERE THE FLIGHT $

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
M
M
hey hon,
ever been to the lesser antilles in the eastern caribbean? the british virgin islands are among my favorites. all the islands are very laid back, have gorgeous beaches, amazing blue water, sailboats everywhere and tons of history and pirate lore. just awesome.
that area is truly a piece of paradise that should be experienced in our lifetime. you won't regret it.
just google 'bvi'. let me know if you want more info.
mimi

B
B
Love AC, good diving, great fishing. Another favorite destination. Bonaire. WONDERFUL diving.
Great people, atmosphere and food.

Hon Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey, I just had a brilliant idea. _Two_ vacations every year...one to AC and another to explore these wonderful places you have described laugh

I am a genius, I tell you!!!

Hon

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
I second the Bocas recommendation. Its completely unlike anywhere else I've ever been. Lots of tiny islands to explore, great snorkeling, Indian communities to visit and enough expats around to warrant good restaurants and a gourmet store!

Roatan was OK - I think the fact that it rained 90% of the time I was there influenced my feelings. But getting there, compared with anywhere else is a hassle if you don't live in Houston or Miami! Definitely put a change of clothes/bathing suit in your carry on. The luggage situation is a joke. They lost the luggage of all 18 people on my flight from Roatan to San Pedro Sula (with unexpected deplane in La Ceiba)...could as easily have happened in other direction. Took Taca 2 wks to locate the bag!

If you go to Roatan or Utila, stock up on Cactus Juice in advance. I saw a lot of legs with bite sores in the airport, but I didn't get one! Their Miracle Gel for bites worked wonders on the fire ant bites and weird rash I picked up in Belize last week.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.