Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#191304 03/07/06 02:24 PM
Do you need a visa to enter Belize ??

#191305 03/07/06 02:38 PM
S
S
Ya' heard about that "wall" being built on the Mexican border of the USA? Well, it actually starts in Belize City at the US Embassy.

It can be difficult for Belizeans wanting to visit the US.

Some items that will help but not guarantee a visitor's non-immigrant visa to the US.

The person whom the visitor will be traveling with and/or the person sponsoring the trip should definitely put this in writing. Name and all contact info should be included, especially where the visitor will be staying.

Address this to: Consular Officer, US Embassy, (address in Belize). Make sure it is legit, because the US embassy and immigration officer (border or airport) will call. No reference to work or volunteering or anything at all related to labor should be mentioned.

Also, this will help:

An official letter from work, signed by highest available officer(s)/manager(s). Time at work and salary should be included.

REMEMBER:

Getting the visa is do-able, easy, if established in Belize. A working 30 year old with land and money in Belize has a better chance than a 20 year old just starting out. Anyway, Immigration at the airport in the US will grill this individual - make sure all the details are worked out:

return ticket
who staying with (even if hotel)
contact info
job numbers in Belize
travel money (they do ask to see cash)
personal items in luggage.

WELCOME TO THE US!

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
#191306 03/07/06 02:58 PM
DoverDiver No only a passport.

#191307 03/07/06 04:03 PM
Doverdiver, LOL. Yeah, maybe that was the biggest problem.

I don't know how this works for US Immigration but up here, the "sponsor" can also be the representative and interact with Immigration/Embassy on behalf of the applicant. I wish we'd done that. Had we done so, perhaps things would have turned out differently. Who knows?

The whole thing is unbelievably frustrating. And to me, it is most heinous that the applicant must pay every time they apply, with no refund coming their way if they are denied. Oh yeah, not to mention must have already purchased the airline ticket. What the hell? How are they supposed to buy a ticket and then get refused? That means they've got to pay a higher fare to ensure they have a fully refundable ticket in case of being denied.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#191308 03/07/06 05:09 PM
Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
SIN, THANK YOU. YOU GAVE ME EXCELLENT INFO. I appreciate it. Sin, should the letter be writen directly to the embassy stating you are inviting this person, responsible, etc or writen as an invitation to the person? I believe the first from what you have writen. Again, thank you.
Do you feel it is better to have two letters from people in that state or is that tooooo much? For example from myself and my mom or friend.

Cracked up, I understand that material is needed as it states that for applying. I am told by many here that letters of invitation or reference from people in the US does make a big difference in addition from the Belizean employer.

All advice is appreciated.

#191309 03/07/06 08:37 PM
KZK - run down to Banana Beach and ask Sandra what she did for her trip last summer.

Also, young (18-35), single, unattached males have a very hard time making entry. Especially true for those coming from less affluent nations.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#191310 03/07/06 11:16 PM
Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
Klc, thank you. I have heard unmarried men under 35 have a hard time too and that is why I am asking for all the advice I can. I greatly appreciate you telling me about Sandra. She is a local I assume?

Is it better not to mention unless asked if the local applying is the boyfriend of the sponser as they may think they are trying to relocate or would it help?

#191311 03/07/06 11:58 PM
IMHO as one who has spent a few years with the state department(not in consular affairs). Have him tell them that he is going to the U.S. with his U.S. girlfriend that lives in Belize. That you are going on vacation together to show him the U.S.

#191312 03/08/06 12:23 AM
So telling them truthfully that the friend you are 'sponsoring' is a longtime platonic friend, isn't the thing to do?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#191313 03/08/06 12:44 AM
Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
Seashell, that would not be truthful "the friend you are 'sponsoring' is a longtime platonic friend"

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.