Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
OP Offline
P
So, if your room doesn't have a safe what does one do with their valuables such as cameras, iPods, cash,traveler checks, etc... when just hanging around town or snorkeling?

I'm concerned about keeping all my eggs in one basket(backpack) and something happening to it?

Thanks!

Pat

C
C
Most hotels have safes. Ask them if they would allow you to store those things there......

I agree with clover, most resorts have office safes. Of course, since there is absolutely no place to wear any valuables on the caye, you might also want to consider leaving them at home.

I'd carry my camera everywhere, you never know when that one shot will appear. Leave the iPod at home, take cash with and not leave it anywhere. eek

Agreed. The advice on the board was great before our most recent trip. We carried small wallets with us on our bodies at all times, and our cameras were always arouns our necks. Touristy, yes. safe, oh, yeah!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Don't forget to copy your passports and keep them separate from the rest of your luggage!!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
I took color photocopies of our passports with us. Anyplace we cashed a TC they were fine with the copies. Left the passports in room/hotel safe.

C
C
One other way, is to travel, using a Pelican Case, by the way we are the largest Distributer in the South East USA.
The case is guarenteed for life, and is 100% waterproof, hard shell, and 2 places to put real locks on with stainless steel protectors to keep from breaking.. I travel with a Model 1560,which has wheels, and pull up handle, big enough to carry most of my stuff, and can lock it up in the room when out. Have no problem with this size as carry-on, so far. They make over 30 sizes, from small enough to fit digital cameras, to very large to put diving equipment in. I sell a lot to the Military and aerospace, since it protects all. Go on and contact me by my e-mail address.
Use the e-mail under my name or contact me, if interested. I works for me, and love it.

P
OP Offline
P
Actually, I do have a couple of Pelican cases. What about when snorkeling, where do you keep all your cash, passports, etc...?

Pat

some hotels will keep your stuff at the front desk or in the hotel safe. write down what you give them & have them sign it. CYA.

and, when getting around, don't forget to keep your money & stuff dry in ZIPLOCS!!!

C
C
Pat, I keep them locked up in my luggage, which is a Pelican 1560 case. Hard for someone to walk out of a room with your big case, and not be noticed.
Sweet Jane, try a Pelican mini case. good for life.
1010 to a 1060 Pelican case.
We have in stock, as well as all other Pelican Cases. That is my business.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 136 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.