Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
OP Offline
both...moving there after having purchased property smile So, since i am looking to move to where i purchase, i was just wondering on advise as to where to purchase so that when i live there i wont be in a place i dont wanna live smile

I agree with Scubaldy, once you get there and see for yourself, areas you want to avoid will be obvious.

Scubaldy,

There is some co-operation between the more reputable realtors....the barriers are slowly being broken down. One correction, the buyer does not pay the realtor commission, the seller does.

J
JC Offline
J
Good grief........ I've been mostly lurking and occasionally posting here and this is the most unhelpful series of responses to a seriously considered question that I have seen.

Those of you who live, or spend a lot of time in SP can surely give her some broad guidance. Geeeez.....

I think most of the answers have been very helpful. Travelqueen's "wait until you get here" advice is absolutely the best information possible. You can read 1000's of pages of information on Ambergris Caye on the Internet. But! Even if you memorized every single word of what you'd read you'd still only know 1% of what Ambergris Caye is all about.

The other 99% falls into place once you've been on the island for a day or two.

JC, most of the answers have been the truth and Chris put it in perspective. Another thing you need to keep in mind is this section of the board is NOT for seriousness... if you post here, then you have to expect some joking around. If you prefer seriousness, then there is a different section to visit.

And Lara, as far as certain sections of San Pedro to avoid, I always have one rule of thumb: Any section that welcomes Bill Thornton should be avoided at all costs. eek

Oh, and Lara, since you said you would advise anyone thinking about moving to Philly... let me ask: How about Fishtown? eek

Sections of town to avoid purchasing and living in San Pedro?

It depends how you want to live. If you want the quiet life on the water where only neighbors drop by occasionally and you plan a 'trip' to town you should look out of town either north or south.

If you want to live like San Pedrano with late parties in the street outside your window (join in if you want) and a gentle hustle and bustle during the day and dozens of people saying hi and stopping to talk to you in the street find someplace closer to town.

One of the advantages of AC is that both these lifestyles are only a short golf cart ride apart.

Steve

[email protected] to book your fishing trips.
OP Offline
Denny Shane
Hi there...HA fishtown! i actually was born raised and still in phila...and if you want a SHOCKER OF SHOCKERS Fishtown is a HOT HOT HOT property now...

now, for those of you that dont know phila, the fact that fishtown is a selling row homes for nearly upwards of $500,000, its an amazing twist that NO ONE saw coming.

Anyway, when rowhomes in fishtown start selling for that much, its time for this sista to get the hell outta dodge smile

Lara, I know, prices are crazy. My daughter still lives there, in Fishtown, in the house I bought back in 1970 for $7,800. I think she was offered 375,000.00 for it.

Where do you live now?

Homes in Las Vegas. a $134,000 house in July 2001 is now $350,000 today.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 137 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.