Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#192011 03/21/06 07:41 PM
gailtor Offline OP
OP Offline
Saw this in one of my local newspapers and couldn't resist posting it here, since the board has members who are in some of the listed professions.. Albeit, it is Canadian but I am sure there is truth in the article.

Now we know why/how reaper gets all those people to jump out of perfectly good planes.. they trust him!!

Denny, his honor, is right up there too. Not sure why we should trust so much, but hey he keeps pressuring people to pay their SPSC dues for 2017 or was that 2020!

Sorry Marge, you will just have to change careers.. hee hee :p

Funny barkeeps aren't on the list.

Enough said, enjoy the article.

March 19, 2006
Legal professions appearing more trustworthy: poll

By DENE MOORE

MONTREAL (CP) - Call it the sponsorship effect. Judges fared much better and lawyers somewhat better this year in Leger Marketing's annual survey of the most-trusted occupations, while politicians lost even more ground in public confidence.
Seventy-eight per cent of respondents said they trusted judges, up six percentage points from last year to put the judiciary eighth of the 22 occupations included in the poll.
Politicians were down two percentage points, dead last on the list yet again with the trust of only 14 per cent of Canadians surveyed by the Montreal-based polling firm in its annual "profession barometer."
Lawyers gained three points over last year, with the trust of 48 per cent of respondents.
"Professions related to the sponsorship scandal have very low credibility, especially in Quebec, except for judges," said Anne-Marie Marois, assistant general manager of Leger.
"So it seems that Judge Gomery has pulled up the level of credibility for his profession."
Justice John Gomery headed the judicial inquiry into the federal sponsorship scandal that saw millions of dollars handed out to Liberal-friendly advertising firms for little or no work.
The poll results were great news to Brian Tabor, president of the Canadian Bar Association.
Both the sponsorship inquiry and the media attention surrounding the recent appointment of Marshall Rothstein to the Supreme Court of Canada seem to have increased public understanding of the justice system, Tabor said.
"Canadians have some frustration with crime and punishment," he said. "I think that frustration may be misplaced with the judiciary, when actually they're just applying the laws that are passed by Parliament."
Confidence in politicians was lowest in Quebec, where just 10 per cent of respondents said they trusted them.
"Quebecers trust their car salespeople twice as much as they do politicians," Marois said.
Elected representatives have ranked last every year since the survey began four years ago.
The good news is that the level of credibility is higher for individual politicians, Marois said.
Firefighters, nurses and farmers were the top three most-admired members of the community, followed by doctors and teachers.
That "golden group" hasn't changed in four years, Marois said, except that engineers, who were included for the first time this year, tied teachers with 88 per cent approval.
Bankers win the ribbon for the most-improved image, gaining seven percentage points to take 10th place on the list. Seventy-two per cent of those polled said they trusted bankers.
Police officers dropped two percentage points to 81 per cent and church representatives one percentage point, to 64 per cent, in the telephone survey conducted between Feb. 14 and Feb. 19.
Results from the survey of 1,500 Canadian adults across the country is considered accurate within plus or minus 2.6 percentage points, 19 times out of 20.
Less than half - 49 per cent - trusted journalists.
However, journalists still ranked ahead of lawyers, insurance brokers, real estate agents, publicists, unionists and car salespeople. And, of course, politicians.
-
The occupations most-trusted by Canadians, according to a poll by Leger Marketing:

Firefighters 96 per cent of respondents laugh Nurses 95
Farmers 92
Doctors 89
Teachers 88
Engineers 88
Police Officers 81
Judges 78 laugh
Notaries 75
Bankers 72
Church representatives 64
Pollsters 62
Economists 62
Senior public servants 50
Journalists 49
Lawyers 48 laugh
Insurance brokers 46
Real estate agents 42
Publicists 40
Unionists 38
Car salespeople 19
Politicians 14

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2006/03/19/pf-1495787.html

#192012 03/21/06 08:12 PM
The top is always an interesting place to be....I like next in line wink

Thanks Gailtor.

#192013 03/21/06 08:45 PM
I'm frankly, surprised that journalists came in so high.

Coming to you from the beautiful Oley Valley.
#192014 03/22/06 03:52 AM
nana nana nana! I'm higher than a lawyer! sorry 'bout that law eek

And it just goes to show you that prior to Judgeship I was a politician. Work hard, dedicate yourself to the public, always kiss babies, pat cute girls asses and you can move up in ranks. eek

#192015 03/22/06 07:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Sss ok, Judge. I'm used to being a viewed as a bottom feeder :rolleyes: Hey - at least I outrank the used car salespersons!

Aside from the butt pats, I'll think about the rest of your lofty advice :p

#192016 03/22/06 07:29 AM
SInce I became a Judge I have subscribed to the truth, justice and the american way. Let me rectify my statement above on some items:

1. word hard (yeah right, what politician works hard)

2. dedicate yourself to the public (truth is they're a pain in the ass, bigtime)

3. always kiss babies (bleh! the slobbering little brats)

4. eek eek

#192017 03/22/06 07:33 AM
Denny, so you admit to being a politician? eek

#192018 03/22/06 07:48 AM
But I was a GOOD politician! eek

#192019 03/22/06 08:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Ah, your Honor - I'm so glad you never change! laugh
GOOD politician? now there's an oxymoron for ya!
True - we, your loyal public, can be a pain in the nether regions wink

#192020 03/22/06 11:47 AM
As it goes with good politicians, a cookie in the hand results in a smile on the face...unless, of course, you are caught with your hand in the cookie jar, then............

I qualify for two professions, so do I average the per centages, or just go with the highest number?

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.