Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
K - be nice to the older guy, you know he can barely operate a computer, or is it that he operates a computer bare? Hmmm

Hi, E! laugh

laugh laugh laugh I heard that about him, but it was not gonna be ME who brought it out into the open. Think there might be a movie title in there somewhere.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
OP Offline
Oh my goodness. What a hysterical recount of the trip. Great read, and makes me really want to drive it.

Live so that when you arise in the A.M, Satan shudders & says..
'Oh sh t..she's awake!'
The price was the best part of the trip. US $99. I did write this up for my friends and when I get back to Belize I'll find it and send it to you.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Sun & Sand -- did you do the drive???

Inquiring minds need to know....

And KLC and 'Missing -- you are so sweet -- quite a complement, thanks!

;-) 'Lena

Last edited by MissLena; 02/20/08 07:08 PM.
D
D
I've done that run three times. Once with a boat in tow. I always left through Laredo. A word of wisdom...go tourista..Not as a pass through to Belize. As tourista you can change your mind and go to Belize. Tell them you are going to Merida or some such. In that case they have no need to itemize ALL of your posessions in case you are really a shyster seller of American vehicals and property. Saves you at least 2 days of problems...especially if you do not speak spanish. The run is not that bad after you make it through the first check point out side of Laredo. Super highway to Monterry...then reasonable roads through Victoria...Your first stop...Villa Hermoso if you can make it...and across to Chetumal. I had one more stop in there as I got tired. You will be searched on occation. Soldiers are posted at every state line. They have no power...so don't let a 19 year old kid with a gun scare you. No big deal really...If the federales or Drugo guys take your Passport and walk off for a bit....$20.00US mordida is the price. Can happen...but not every time. Once you cross over to Belize, you will kiss the ground and deal with the duty on your vehicle. If you plan on staying in Belize...This is the place to pay and be done with it. If you choose to wait until later...The Belize City rules are harsher and more convoluted. Hope this little bit helps...One Love

S
S
If passing as a "tourist" make sure you are ready to answer "no
" if they ask you if you are going to Belize. They will ask this if they see Belize stamps in your passport. I tend to stay on the US highway system as much as possible and cross at McAllen. Make sure you have insurance or you may not get out of Mexico or if you do, it will be on foot! Laredo sounds interesting. The hardest part, for me, was getting out of the stupid border town, not that bad though. Mexico is a great country for a road trip. My parents make the trip often as well. My last trip I left downtown L.A. early Sunday morning (after a night on Sunset Strip) and pulled into Corozal on Tuesday evening in time to hit the slots (felt lucky).

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
P
P
What happens if you have quite a few stamps in and out of Belize? Do they believe you if you say you are just heading in to Mexico? Why do they not want you to pass through to Belize? I am thinking of making that trip.

I have been here a wk. I had know problem the drive thru Mex. 3 days from Brownville Tx at the border getting car ins changing $500 us and getting all the paper work like 18 mins. at most didn"t have to pay anybody and at the Belize border I had to change back peso,the 3 day drive was less then 250 us including everthing, I spoke no Spanish and they just wave thru if you just say Hi or whats up they don"t want to deal with english just my 02

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.