Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
frown Comments made in the year 1955: frown

"I'll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they are, it's going to be impossible to buy a week's groceries for $20."

"Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won't be long before $2000 will only buy a used one."

"If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit. A quarter a pack is ridiculous."

"Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging a dime just to mail a letter?"

"If they raise the minimum wage to $1, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store."

"When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 29 cents a gallon. Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in the garage."

"Kids today are impossible. Those duck tail hair cuts make it impossible to stay groomed. Next thing you know, boys will be wearing their hair as long as the girls."

"I'm afraid to send my kids to the movies any more. Ever since they let Clark Gable get by with saying 'damn' in 'Gone With The Wind,' it seems every new movie has either "hell" or "damn" in it.

"I read the other day where some scientist thinks it's possible to put a man on the moon by the end of the century They even have some fellows they call astronauts preparing for it down in Texas."

"Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for 75,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday they'll be making more than the president.

"I never thought I'd see the day all our kitchen appliances would be electric. They are even making electric typewriters now."

"It's too bad things are so tough nowadays. I see where a few married women are having to work to make ends meet."

"It won't be long before young couples are going to have to hire someone to watch their kids so they can both work."

"Marriage doesn't mean a thing any more; those Hollywood stars seem to be getting divorced at the drop of a hat."

"I'm just afraid the Volkswagen car is going to open the door to a whole lot of foreign business."

"Thank goodness I won't live to see the day when the Government takes half our income in taxes. I sometimes wonder if we are electing the best people to government.

"The drive-in restaurant is convenient in nice weather, but I seriously doubt they will ever catch on."

"No one can afford to be sick any more; $35 a day in the hospital is too rich for my blood."

"If they think I'll pay 50 cents for a hair cut, forget it."

Oh boy eek I do. eek mad

Me too...and I was making $1.25 an hour.

Modern version:

If things keep going this way, it will be impossible to get groceries that are not genetically modified, don't contain dangerous levels of hormones and pesticides and which actuatlly were grown in the country where I live.

Have you seen the new cars coming out. I should be able to get a second hand one for about $500 and wear it out until I get another one the next year. Who would have thought automobiles would become virtually disposable.

If cigarrettes keep going up in price it doesn't matter because I have put my fag money into an account so that I can get fake [#%!].

Did you hear that the post office cannot guarantee to get your post where it should be even though we are paying them huge amounts of money. Can you believe it.

If they keep raising minimum wage we might all have to consider how bad inflation actually is.

When I first started driving, who would have thought that people would be paying £50,000 for a car. I bought my house for that.

Kids today are impossible. Can you believe that all the boys wear trousers that look like they have just crapped themselves and the girls all have boobs big enough to support a litter.

I'm afraid to send my kids to the movies now days. They'll be subjected to dreadful acting for the cost of a meal.

I read somewhere that they are thinking of putting several thousand men in various places in the middle east. They call these guys peace keepers.

Did you see some sportsman who was getting paid obscene amounts of money on that documentary about how they all have to take steriods and destroy their bodies to compete.

Can you imagine the day when all kitchen appliances are electric and there are still people incapable of cooking themselves a meal.

Things are tough. A lot of married women who work can't even afford decent childcare. And those who aren't married have to work more than one job.

It's not long before people hire people to give birth to their kids. Oh bugger...it's already happenned.

Marriage doesn't mean anything these days. That's why so many gay people want to get married.

I am afraid that the burka is going to open a whole new concept in fashion.

Thank goodness I won't see the day when the government and banks take almost all my money and ensure that anything I leave my kids will be heavily taxed too.

The drive in restaurant was great. But drive in Botox is just brilliant.

No one can afford to be sick anymore unless they tripped on a small stone and have managed to sue the local government for obscene amounts of money.

If they think I'll pay £20 a month to put stuff on my head that I have been told will stop me from going bald, they must be kidding.

Just an update.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

OP Offline
eek Oooh, that's good! laugh

These are so funny. Thanks for the laugh. laugh

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.