travelqueen  Offline
Babe, he's kidding... he's gotta be!

Re: Cocaine and Pot soon to be Decriminalized #194535
05/03/06 10:21 AM
05/03/06 10:21 AM
San Pedro Town
Chris Offline
Chris  Offline
Jackie22, IMO you're wrong. You should have watched the Penn and Teller show "Bullshit" the other week. From the preview on the "Bullshit" website:

"Everyone knows that prostitution is practiced throughout the land. Where it is legal - in only a few Nevada counties, prostitution is vigorously regulated and monitored by the State of Nevada Health Department. The women submit to compulsory medical tests for STDs. No one is forced to work as a prostitute. Pimps don't exist. HIV has never been detected. The women earn regular paychecks and tips. Some even get vacation and sick days. And they pay taxes! It's BULLSHIT that it's illegal for two consenting adults to have sex with each other!"

Of course, where prostitution is illegal in the USA, (almost everywhere) you have pimps, crack whores, violence against women etc.

Re: Cocaine and Pot soon to be Decriminalized #194536
05/03/06 10:50 AM
05/03/06 10:50 AM
Birdland - 1 mile north
ScubaLdy Offline
ScubaLdy  Offline
Thanks Gaz - good post and I believe you --- but why do you go there?

Chris - you re right about the prostitution - except the countries where women are brought in and enslaved as prostitutes.

Jackie - as much as we don't like to look at it males (usually boys) are pimped a lot.

I've never used pot or any other illegal drug because I am so obsessive/compulsive I know I wouldn't do just a little. And sad to say I never knew enough to ask for money for sex.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Re: Cocaine and Pot soon to be Decriminalized #194537
05/03/06 10:54 AM
05/03/06 10:54 AM
San Pedro Town
Chris Offline
Chris  Offline
Scubaldy: "except the countries where women are brought in and enslaved as prostitutes."

That's the point, prostitution isn't legal in those countries.

Re: Cocaine and Pot soon to be Decriminalized #194538
05/03/06 11:03 AM
05/03/06 11:03 AM
Jackie22 Offline

Jackie22  Offline
TQ... I figure he's only kidding... let's hope! smile

Oh and Chris... sounds like the legal prostitution is still very small and unknown to most ppl. In that case, glad to hear it's being regulated and at least giving these women more rights... but personally I don't think I'd choose to sell my body for money.

Oh here's more info on prostitution in Nevada:
About 30 legal brothels existed in the state in January 2004, employing about 300 female prostitutes at any given time. All but the smallest ones operate as follows: as the customer is buzzed in and sits down in the parlor, the available women appear in a line-up and introduce themselves. If the customer chooses a woman, the price negotiations take place in the women's room, which are often overheard by management. The house normally gets half of the negotiated amount. If the customer arrives by cab, the driver will receive some 20% of whatever the customer spends; this is subtracted from the woman's earnings. Typical prices start at US$100 and average about $300 for half an hour of intercourse and oral sex. The prostitutes almost never kiss on the mouth. Brothels do not have preset prices, the only known exception being Shady Lady brothel on Route 95, approximately 30 miles north of Beatty. Generally, the closer a brothel is to Las Vegas, the higher the prices. Thus Sheri's Ranch and Chicken Ranch, both located in Pahrump, are on the whole more expensive than other brothels. Sheri's Ranch is the larger of the two, and may have upwards of 20 prostitutes on its premises at any given time. It is also the more expensive of the two, and generally the most expensive legal brothel in Nevada.

Because by law brothels are not allowed to advertise in Clark County, some visitors to Las Vegas are not aware of their existence.

Brothel prostitutes work as independent contractors and thus do not receive any unemployment, retirement or health benefits. They are responsible for paying their own taxes, which many neglect, since it is mainly a cash business. The women typically work for a period of several weeks, during which time they live in the brothel and hardly ever leave it. They then take some time off. It has been argued that the tight control that brothels exert over the working conditions precludes the women from legally being classified as independent contractors.

Since 1986, when mandatory testing began, not a single brothel prostitute has ever tested positive for HIV. The mandatory condom law was passed in 1988.

A study conducted in 1995 in two brothels found that condom use in the brothels is consistent and sexually transmitted diseases are accordingly absent. The study also found that few of the prostitutes use condoms in their private lives.

Re: Cocaine and Pot soon to be Decriminalized #194539
05/03/06 11:43 AM
05/03/06 11:43 AM
MD
dogmatic prevaricator Offline
dogmatic prevaricator  Offline
[Linked Image]

If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
Re: Cocaine and Pot soon to be Decriminalized #194540
05/03/06 12:26 PM
05/03/06 12:26 PM
Belize
BelizeDiscounts.com Offline OP

BelizeDiscounts.com  Offline OP
Hey Harriette

I was previously married here in Belize to a dutch girl and we had a child and when he was 3 years old we split up she retunred to holland to live with my son, I remained here in Belize.

So since then every 5 to 6 weeks I have travelled to Holland to see my son and be a part of his life,

Expensive I hear u say but not really as I do a lot of trade shows so would always time my trips to co-inside with the dive shows and right after head over, I always fly continental so for example a flight to a show in NY from Belize is about $550-600 and I could add the Amsterdam leg on for an additional $250 so it worked out that I only paid a few hundred dollars to fly and then of course the miles piled up for some free flights so all it really took was a bit of effort.

A quick note about protitution which is legal in Holland it seems they have No problems whatsover the girls even have to pay taxes and are protected by the Police.
It very public in Amsterdam with the red light district and it gives a new meaning to window shopping, I actually took My dad and his girlfriend for a tour of the red light district when they visited for my sons birthday it was hilarious to see my dads face with all the girls in the windows.

Holland is a great place and they do seem to have done some things right which on the surface do not seem to have had a negative impact on the participants.

Gaz

Re: Cocaine and Pot soon to be Decriminalized #194541
05/04/06 09:19 PM
05/04/06 09:19 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money costs less.

Re: Cocaine and Pot soon to be Decriminalized #194542
05/04/06 09:29 PM
05/04/06 09:29 PM
San Diego, Ca.
deacon+ Offline

deacon+  Offline
Never took a dime my whole life. laugh laugh laugh

Re: Cocaine and Pot soon to be Decriminalized #194543
05/05/06 06:18 AM
05/05/06 06:18 AM
Frigin Cold Columbus, Ohio
Otteralum Offline
Otteralum  Offline
Maybe a dimebag or two laugh laugh laugh

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
San Pedro Fun Finder
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
October
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (bobcat bill), 104 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics75,541
Posts491,247
Members19,985
Most Online5,530
Jun 13th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.