Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
M
M
Why don't we just ask reaper to fly over the island and drop all of the SPSC money out for anyone who shows up to catch it. Sounds as ineffectual as some of the other odd suggestions. If the classrooms were completed that's great news for the kids who couldn't attend due to lack of room. Bywarren thanks for finally sharing that with all of us uninitiated dupes.

E
E
I inquired about the "New Classrooms" that Bywarren reported this morning, that have been completed. I was told this morning that they must be in a form visible only to bywarren. I think my friend, by, may have, again, made comments only he can understand and see things only he can see. I wish this thread would die, as I have more important things to do today, like mow the lawn.

Ernie, everyone who drives by the school can see the sign that says thanks to the Town Council and the Honerable Area Representative the classrooms have been completed at a cost of $65000.

Why do you persist in acusing others of lying while not answering the simple question as to why the money cannot just be given to the school?

This is one more example of questioning someones credibility when it is your credibility that is in question. I can see why you would like this thread to die.

bywarren, if it were you and you were able to do whatever you wanted with the funds collected, would you just hand over all of the money and report back that you "gave it to the school"? What would the members think of that?

The goal is still to try and build these additional classrooms that are much needed.

I'll drop all of the SPSC $$$ out of the plane...BUT...no questions asked when I show up with all new skydive gear right after!!!!! laugh

E
E
Thats what 'I'm' talkin bout!

Will someone, anyone please... either take a picture of the new classrooms or an empty lot? eek There are enough residents of AC that frequent this board which could do that for us. eek

K
K
I just walked by the school this morning. There are no new classrooms that have been built. The area where the new classrooms are going to be built was cleared in the fall. The sign refers to classrooms that were built a couple of years ago.

E
E
Thank you Kwalkpt, I was going to say that sign has been up there for years, but, bywarren would not believe it if it came from me. Thanks again !

By, go take your meds.

C
C
Pursuant to the Internal Revenue Code, "No part of the net earnings of an IRC Section 501(c)(3) organization may inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual." "In addition, assets of an organization must be permanently dedicated to an exempt purpose."

Obviously, individuals benefit from non-profit organization. You can see it everday on the news. To say otherwise is goofy.

The point of the above is to make sure that the individuals that do benefit are choosen according to the exempt purpose of the organization. IE there is no problem using donated money to help an individual as long as the individual that is being helped was choosen according to the legitimate charitable purpose of the organization.

The IRS is simply trying to say here that that non profits can't use there money to line the pockets of friends, board members, family etc. I

I can't see how any of that applies to the fruit lady unless she is is decided how the SPSC money is being spent or she is friends/family with those that are deciding.

The only thing that might matter is how the SPSC charitable purpose was written up. Was it written as a generic "to help needy people in San Pedro" or as a more specific purpose like "to help school children in San Pedro"?

In any case lets call the Red Cross and ask them if they ever helped an individual and see what they say.... The we can report them to the IRS:)

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 323 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.