Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1948 07/30/06 11:27 PM
cakelee Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm finally getting around to doing this trip report. It really isn't much more than a glorified restaurant report because we didn't do much else! It was a great trip! I will post pics soon, if I can figure that out!

7/13 - We arrived at BZE and made a quick trip through Belize City to get to the Municipal Airstrip. We stopped at the Biltmore for lunch, and it was a great start to the trip. They had a huge Mexican buffet ($10US, I think), but I had the pan-fried tilapia dinner with rice and beans. It was really tasty (and only $8.25)!

We hopped on the plane, made a quick stop at Caye Caulker and finally landed in SP where the taxi driver was waiting to take us to Casa Caracol. It is a great place to stay - lots of room, nice beach, close to town, great owners! Highly recommend it!

We ate dinner at the Reef Restaurant because we were hungry, and it was the first restaurant we came to! It was excellent! I split a huge grilled seafood platter with someone, and we were stuffed! It had a lobster tail, a bunch of shrimp, a crab claw and, of course, rice and beans!

7/14 - One member of our party snorkeled with Amigos in the morning, while the rest of us just enjoyed the surroundings. She thought they were very professional, so we decided to go with them later in the week. We ate at Papi's for lunch. The food was good, but it was so hot waiting for it! I had the tropical chicken, which had a pineapple sauce. I would recommend having them deliver because the food is good, and we saw their golf cart multiple times over the next 6 days, bringing people food. We had dinner and caught a band at Fido's. The food was really good here, too! I had the seafood ceviche and Coco Loco chicken, omitting the chili pepper paste. We looked around at the jewelry and art shops, had a few drinks (is a dirty banana the same as a horny monkey?) and walked along the beach.

7/15 - We ate at Lili's. We couldn't decide on what to get, so we got 3 meals and shared them all! Breakfast burrito, scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, johnny cakes and fry jacks! And freshly squeezed orange juice! Yum! We picked up some t-shirts and went back to wait for the delivery of our golf cart. We rented from Moncho's. The cart was fine, and they gave us a good deal for 5 days. We drove south to Pelican Reef and then headed back north to Casa Caracol. Later, after hearing all of the fuss about Pedro's pizzas, we decided to eat there. However, it was closed... on a Saturday night... We went to Pepperoni's and were not disappointed. They even had complementary bug spray, which was needed with all of the puddles and short rain showers. We stopped by BC's and Cannibal's on the way home.

7/16 - After lounging around in the morning, we had an early lunch at Estel's. I had the shrimp ceviche, which was okay, but not as good as at Fido's. The others had the chicken and veggie burritos. We walked around town for a bit and headed to the Tides Resort, where we had some drinks and hung out at the pool. There were lots of people and families out enjoying the sunny day and the beach. We got cleaned up and went back in town to Celi's for dinner. It was fabulous! I had the snapper, broiled with lime and garlic butter! It was a huge amount of fish! We had a few drinks, enjoyed the view of the beach and headed north on the golf cart. We ended up at Coco Loco's at the Villas del Rio. It was a beautiful area (and probably more so in the daylight hours and sober)!

7/17 - We had breakfast at Lili's again. Couldn't get enough of the fry jacks! We stopped by Graniels to look at the beautifully carved wooden items. We stopped at a fast food stand and got a couple of plates of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and rice and beans before heading to Amigo's to snorkel at Mexico Rocks. The snorkeling was great - lots of fish and coral to look at. Amigo's even let the 2 non-snorkelers in our group ride on the boat! After resting a bit, we drove to Crazy Canuck's for the beach bbq, chicken dinners with tortillas, cole slaw and rice and beans. We headed for the shelter of the bar as a short storm passed but ended up staying a while, as the Punta Boys started playing. The bartender there was a great guy - play dominos with him, if you have a chance. On the way out, we stopped at the Iguana and caught a couple of songs from the live band playing out front.

7/18 - Two of us hit the gift shops, including Orange, where we found out that the manager and his wife lived in our town for 11 years! Small world! (The other two left for the day-long Lamanai trip, which they thought was a long, but worthwhile trip.) We had lunch at Caliente's, and it was great! I had the chicken quesadilla. Afterwards, we drove south again to Hummingbird Rattan, where we admired the beautiful woven furniture. We figured the other two would be tired from the trip, so we got take-out from the Reef Restaurant. We split the ceviche, which was was good, and I got a twin lobster tail meal (and ate it all myself)!

7/19 - We went to the north Casa Pan Dulce bakery and got enough pastries for today and tomorrow's breakfasts. They were excellent and very inexpensive! A whole loaf of homemade bread was only $1.25BZ! We walked along the beach and ended up at Caliente's again for lunch. I had the chicken tacos, which were good, but not as good as the quesadillas. Their homemade salsa (pico) is excellent. We spent some more time at the Tides pool before it rained. We packed our bags and ordered Pauly's pizza, since we didn't feel like getting drenched our last night there. It was good pizza, but one was a little overcooked. We got our suitcases ready and set our alarms for an early wake up.

7/20 - The taxi picked us up at 7:30am for our 8am flight back to municipal. Our international flight left at 11am. It would have been nice to avoid the flight to municipal and the taxi ride to international, but it was nice to save the $50 per person by flying out of municipal. It was also an interesting drive through Belize City, as our taxi driver pointed out animals, buildings and cruise ship tourists! Ha! We had an uneventful flight home, which gave us plenty of time to plan our next trip!

#1949 07/31/06 02:01 AM
laugh I look forward to the pictures....
Great report! A reminder of why so many of us love Belize.
Good food is ~~ GOOD smile wink

#1950 07/31/06 06:52 AM
I just gained 10 pounds reading your thread! Did you get off the plane at Caye Caulker? Next time take a day and explore Caye Caulker. They have great restaurants as well. Did you go to Shark Alley? It's a must for a trip to Belize. Can't wait to see your photos.

ArtZ SmartZ
#1951 07/31/06 01:23 PM
I enjoyed your trip! You liked several of the places we always like to visit in town....Lili's, Reef, Celi's, Papi's, Fido's, and the Casa Pan Dulce bakery. We also like the Blue Water Grill and Stained Glass Pub.
I have 193 days to wait!!

#1952 08/01/06 10:51 AM
R
R
1bkeeper...ugh..254 days for us to wait

#1953 08/01/06 10:55 PM
Renski, that's a lot of days.

The good part of waiting is that the anticipation is even fun! I can only imagine that many of the tourist message boarders feel as I do about San Pedro. Since my first visit a few years ago, it's the only place that I really want to go! I don't fish and I don't dive and I don't even like seafood, but there is just an overall feeling of joy when I visit...the San Pedro magic.

#1954 08/02/06 02:45 PM
1BKeeper the pleasure which many of the board users tell me is that it is good to come to a new place and actually know people on-line before arrival.

It is a distinct advantage to everyone. We all have Marty to thank for this and alas we all sometimes forget the phenominal job he manages to do with ease.

I know from experience how must hard work he puts in behind the scenes to enable this forum to work.

I say "Thank You Marty" on behalf of everyone.

#1955 08/17/06 09:42 PM
cakelee Offline OP
OP Offline
Okay, I'll try again... sometime...

#1956 08/18/06 10:57 AM
A
A
When trying to access photos, says you need login and password.

#1957 09/06/06 01:10 PM
cakelee Offline OP
OP Offline
Let's try this again. If it works, I'll add the rest of the pictures.

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l160/Cakelee/Belize%20July%202006/

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 343 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.