Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
oh man.....

Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight

Spectators cheered as entire Cambodian Midget Fighting League squared off against African Lion
Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated fight, which took place in the city of Kâmpóng Chhn�ng.

The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni, President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his entire league of 42 fighters.

Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."

This campaign is believed to be what sparked the undisclosed fan to challenge the entire league to fight a lion; a challenge that Sihamoni readily accepted.

An African Lion (Panthera Leo) was shipped to centrally located Kâmpóng Chhn�ng especially for the event, which took place last Saturday, April 30, 2005 in the city's coliseum.

The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.

The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back.

Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they "� could out-wit and out-muscle [it]."

Unfortunately, he was wrong.

President Huga Chavez was asked to comment on this situation.

Reportedly he mumbled, "Ay carumba! This is worse than I thought!"

Chavez feared retaliation towards Panthera Leo and contacted the Cambodian Government asking that Leo be shipped to the island of Nambimini where he would be able to provide protected hours of enjoyment and free to roam the leper colony there. eek

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
too good to be true

mobunny, you beat me to the punch. I was just about to make that post.

Coming to you from the beautiful Oley Valley.
This just in...

Upon hearing the news that the lion story was a fake... Chavez was heard saying to his aides, "Ay carumba! This is worse than I thought." eek

DS -- OMG I'm rolling!! laugh laugh laugh

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
I got the Lion shortly after the fight was broken of; am missing one leg though.

Live and let live
H
H
ok,

I know there had to be a large amount of betting going on before and during the contest. And it may be morbid for me to ask..,

But I just got to know...,

who got the Lions share?

If they tell you it won't work over satellite, they didn't try hard enough!
E
E
It wasnt the lion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.