Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#196678 06/10/06 12:03 PM
OP Offline
Hi All
As some of you know, I was down at the end of May, and helped put on the Boxing Match at the 5-a-side. I was the chick in the corner with the San Pedro Boys.

A few days after the fight, the other trainer and his wife and i went to Tulum to celebrate the great event. While away, i had to have Jason TRejo back to the house to re-fix my front sliding glass door. (he had fixed it once already)

Upon my return, i noticed that my cell phone was missing. It wasnt until the next day that i realized all my jewelry was also stolen. Which sucked, but thats not the worst part.

As many of you might have seen on the cable channel last week, there was a bracelet on there with a reward. I wasnt going to post about this, but i want that bracelet back. It is a gold bracelet, but it has coins on it.

72 cents to be exact. 2 quarters, 2 dimes and 2 pennies. These coins were sent back to me from the maryland state police upon completion of the autopsy of my husband when he was killed in a plane crash. also on the bracelet were our wedding bands, and an urn containing some of his ashes.

I WANT THIS BACK!

We know that Jason fled to the mainland, (orange walk we believe) so if anyone at all goes to any town anywhere, please be on the lookout for it. Please check the pawn shops, etc. I also had about 20 other pieces stolen, and i can give a description of some of them if you pm me. Also, please email [email protected] if you have any information.

thank you in advance for any assistance. I will be back in san pedro for good (cats in tow) on the 18th of june. my cell number in bze is 663-9607 and bze home phone is 206-2179

Lara

#196679 06/10/06 02:27 PM
Oh wow... I'm sorry to hear that Lara! Will keep a watch out when I'm down next. Hope you get at least the bracelet back.

#196680 06/10/06 02:37 PM
This tale of woe is especially awful. My daughter lost her husband Feb. 28 (he was 32.) To have such a sentimental piece stolen by someone who has looked you in the eye is a double whammy.
I sure hope you get it back, too!

#196681 06/10/06 02:42 PM
S
S
I'm sure the word will be out on the street soon enough. I wish you the best of luck, it may all work out. I never thought they would get anything back from the Saga robbery but almost everything was recovered.

SIN is a man with many friends, you may want to PM the list to him so he can pass it on.

#196682 06/10/06 03:48 PM
I'm sure you filed a police report. They have been being very successful in capturing the criminals, prosecuting and jailing them as well as recovering much of the stolen merchandise.
Do you (or anyone) have a picture of the suspect? Pictures sure do help.
Who did Jason Trejo work for? A small reward may bring out an informant.

Your description was excellent - have faith that this particular piece will be recovered.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#196683 06/10/06 04:47 PM
Please always post and report thefts.

I don't want to refer people and have their possessions missing.

So rarely is this posted and people then tend to defend the caye and not the person at a loss.

Thanks.... smile

#196684 06/10/06 05:03 PM
OP Offline
Jason worked for himself "J's Glassworks". He repairs windows, sliding glass doors, and storm shutters.

I did file a police report, and, to the police's credit, they had arrested one other suspect, held him for a couple days and released him, and now they have found Jason. He will be spending this weekend in jail as he has been caught lying about a few key points, therefore there is suspicion.

my very dear friends Tim and Tina Callanan, who owns the tool rental company as well the real estate company investinbelize.com have been completely managing the situation for me while i HAD to come back to the states to get my affairs in order. Tim even went to Corozol and Orange Walk to scope out the pawn shops and try to find jason.

time will tell how this will turn out. While i am truly devastated, much more so than i thought i could be at the loss of an object, i do not blame the island. There are bad people everywhere, and frankly the same thing could have happened here in Phila. Frankly, if it was to happen in either place, i would chose belize. if it was phila, not only would we NOT have been able to locate the schmuck, the odds of finding my things in phila, nyc, baltimore or DC are much smaller. Besides, at least in sp, the police are willing to look.

THere is actually a sizable reward for the bracelet, as well as a separate reward for my other pieces. one of the pieces can be seen on the home page of www.madisjewels.com

thanks again for your concern...truly, it does the heart good.

Lara

#196685 06/10/06 05:42 PM
Lara, it's good to hear that belize's finest did a good job of capturing that shmuck. I am sorry to read of your very personel loss, Hopefully you will recover all of your possetions or at least the ones that are truly dear to your heart. best of luck to you. smile

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
#196686 06/10/06 06:00 PM
Lara, word is definately out on the island, if still here, we'll find! Mine was all stolen last year and evidently left the island, you might want to put ad on Belize City T.V./

Can't find my plane...
#196687 06/10/06 06:21 PM
Lara, I am so sorry to hear about this and do hope that someone come across your bracelet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 295 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.