Kra-Z-K  Offline
me too! definately here.

Re: 308 days to go... #196707
06/14/06 04:35 PM
06/14/06 04:35 PM
Nova Scotia, Canada
Nova Offline
Nova  Offline
So, what's the bottom line - book early or book late??? We're coming Jan/Feb 07 - booked the hotel today, but unsure about booking the flights. Checked Expedia 3 weeks ago - found roundtrip for under $900 - now it's $1382 for same exact. Help!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Re: 308 days to go... #196708
06/14/06 06:49 PM
06/14/06 06:49 PM
Rockport, Maine
klcman Offline
klcman  Offline
wait.....keep checking and if you see a deal, jump on it. I would not be too concerned at all in waiting until at least late November.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Re: 308 days to go... #196709
06/15/06 08:04 AM
06/15/06 08:04 AM
Virginia
Barbara K Offline
Barbara K  Offline
Like klc says...keep checking. Program your city pairs into a site like Treavelocity that will notify you if the rates change, then be ready to buy.

Re: 308 days to go... #196710
06/15/06 09:36 AM
06/15/06 09:36 AM
Houston
travelqueen Offline
travelqueen  Offline
InZanelyn, not sure how you came up with your profile name but I LOVE the name Zane! Had I given birth to a boy, Zane would be his name.

Re: 308 days to go... #196711
06/15/06 09:40 AM
06/15/06 09:40 AM
Nova Scotia, Canada
Nova Offline
Nova  Offline
Thanks again - just found a great site for Canadians - it's www.flightcentre.ca (Best prices out of all of them and least amount of layover time). The gal at customer service said to wait until Aug-Sept and start checking for deals - she said this knowing the hotel was booked and I was ready to Visa her on the spot. That's good customer service!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Re: 308 days to go... #196712
06/18/06 11:35 AM
06/18/06 11:35 AM
Expatify.com Offline
Expatify.com  Offline
Try these guys. For international, it's best to call so you can get the consolidator deal. You can ask for Roger if he's around.
http://www.bootsnall.com/internationalairfare/

I just purchased a ticket from the west coast to Berlin (one stop!) for the World Cup. I paid about $300 less than any other fare I could find that didn't have 3+ stops.

They take credit card fraud seriously - you will have to fax a copy of your ID and credit card along with an authorization form so be aware of that prior to making the reservation.

And yes, you may be a bit too far out to get the best deal...

Mika

Re: 308 days to go... #196713
06/26/06 04:23 PM
06/26/06 04:23 PM
North Central Indiana
InZanelynLuv Offline OP

InZanelynLuv  Offline OP
DAMN DO I FEEL BAD OR WHAT!

I am sooooo sorry for the delay in checking back on my post...real world living sux compared to the excitement that a trip to BZ brings around our house...i truly want to thank all of you for your input...we are looking forward to coming and have actually taken the BIG step of inviting several family and friends down to share time (and get them hooked) in beautiful SP…I do want to update you on where we are in case any other folks read this (I may send an additional copy of this post directly to a few of the posters I read and apologize if this is over sharing)…obviously our friends and family have been discussing gas prices and any potential impact on plane tix…we began checking about the time of this original post and have discovered some wide ranging prices and possibilities…FIRST, I would also recommend a fare watcher/tracker option to see how low it might go over the next few months…the $500 mark seems to be a great possibility from here in the Midwest (IN), but the possibility of saving beer and rum money always lingers in the back of one’s mind…LOL…GULP, GULP…anywho, my father-in-law jumped early…and I decided last week to brave the miles redemption process with some excellent results (remember to check and double check and triple check if you can only get one ticket and want/NEED to travel with the whole family…we will be saving some $$$ cashing in miles, but it was a LOOOOOOOOONG seven hours to get us all scheduled properly…BIG NOTE: did you know that children tix are full fare AND that under two still adds another 10% + taxes/fees…OH WELL, it does feel nice to know that we have a plan and that we are now down to 292 days…woooooo hooooooo!!!!...how can we describe the feeling one gets when they step onto SP soil and breathe the tranquil wind of r&r (that really means rum and REAL relaxation!)…please let us know if we can offer any help to others (we’ve been down now five/six times)…and thanks again for the DB love!...PEACE, mdh

All the Best,

mnknznr
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
To Get Your Questions Answered

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
San Pedro Fun Finder
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
October
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (bobcat bill), 105 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics75,564
Posts491,295
Members19,985
Most Online5,530
Jun 13th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.