Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
klcman Offline OP
OP Offline
Fun day we had here on the Coast of Maine...

http://knox.villagesoup.com/Community/story.cfm?storyID=76430

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Very interesting! Thanks...

That is going to be impressive when it is fully rigged. Makes the latest versions of yachts look like barges. wink

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
klcman Offline OP
OP Offline
As they begin to step the masts & begin the riggingg over the next 2 weeks I get some pics and post them for ya Bobber.

It truly is an impressive work of art.

Thanks. Unfortunately, never got to sail on wind (other than day trips). All my deep water sailing has been on iron ships. I toured Old Ironsides years back and was awestruck. Those were the days of real men. Or really foolish men.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Great pics and story! eek

Love Maine, this year is belize, but my main vacation is normally to South Bristol - christmas cove, ME. We sail over to Monehegan Island its a beautiful area, last year I actually went to the rockport festival, much fun, watching the kids racing over the lobster crates.

klcman Offline OP
OP Offline
yah it be a fun summer place for sure, Sue. Luv Monhegan, great hiking & landscapes. If you take the 6AM "mailboat" over, almost always get a treat of seals & porpoises playing along side part of the trip. Made some of my best photo work there. If you have not done so, take the hike around the perimeter of the island on the west side and seek out the rock sculpture totems built by islanders & day-trippers alike...quite a spiritual place ( that said by someone not professing to be such too!).

The lobster festival is in RockLAND, next town south. And coincidentally begnning right now. I think we need to bring some lobster crates down to SP and have a race there after the big jump!

Bobber, me thinks your last two sentences wax philosophically.....:-). I really want more time on sail and when "my ship comes in" it will be on a classic wooden vessel, perhaps moored part of the year off SP! All I need is that to happen and then someone to make AM coffee!

E
E
HINT ? :rolleyes:

Oops sorry Yet Rockland, Rockport is smaller with a lot of stones buildings?? I think I have been there too. A friend has a beautiful sail boat and we sailed over to Monehegan, its took a long time but was wonderful, we walked all around the artist galleries there and then went an made fairy houses in the wooded area, its a tradition!! crazy maine people! I think SP would love the lobster crate races!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.