Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lynne T Offline OP
OP Offline
L
My husband and I have been looking into coming to San Pedro either over xmas holiday or between xmas and new year. Weather is a big consideration, coming from chilly Alberta we're looking for warmth. Comments on likely weather end of Dec. beg. of Jan would be appreciated. Also, accommodations....looking for something nice, quiet during day (going to splurge a little if need be) but w/ good access to night spots, music, fun bars etc. Any comments on White Sands Cove resort? Also, is eating out $$? Any info is much appreciated....looks beautiful!

It will be warmer than Alberta. smile

However, there's no guarantee that you will get very hot weather. I've been there a number of times over that period and there've been a few days here and there, that it was down-right chilly. The coldest day I recorded was 73 degrees. The warmest days were in the 90s. Sometimes northers come down and that's what cools it off. That said, I've experienced the same in Cuba and Roatan, Honduras.

Regardless of a few cool (and sometimes rainy) days, I still keeping going back. There must be a reason.

My last trip down was in May of this year and the weather was miserable most days. Still, I can't wait to get back.

Eating out can be $ or $$$, depends on where you go and there's so many wonderful places to eat at all ends of the scale. There's lots of nightlife to be had and music everywhere.

I can't speak to the White Sands Cove, sorry. I like to stay in town.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Seashell, you're killin' me...73 is chilly!?

Paradise Villas was nice and quiet, very pleasant.
On the north end of town, entrance onto beach, pretty garden area for evening relaxing outside. Easy walk to grocery, restaurants, nightlife.

It's a busy time....be sure to book asap.

T
T
I would really like to visit my grandsons around this time so I can be there for Christmas to.

snorkelgirl, hee hee. I remember standing on Amigos' dock, freezing my butt off and whining a little bit. I checked my dive computer to see what the temp could possibly be and it was 73! I laughed to think that I would find that temperature cold. But I'd been there long enough to be a bit acclimatized and I'd been diving for a number of days in a row.

It can get cooler than that in the evening, so I always recommend taking a sweater or light windbreaker when going in the winter months.

Anyway there's a bit of humor in the truth. While those of us from the northern climes wouldn't normally think of 73 in mid-winter as chilly, when we leave our cold clime for warm temps, we don't anticipate goosebumps while standing out on the dock in broad daylight, either.

Regardless, I was trying to point out that even though the temps may not be in the 90s, when compared to home, even a chilly day in Belize is better. After all, I was standing on a dock in my bathingsuit, wasn't I? wink

We can in January this year and while the water was coolish we had no trouble diving right in. Coming from toronto snow the sun and sand is a paradise that time of year.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Even at that air temp, the water temp was still around 77-79. Not a problem. The problem is when you get out of the water.

In the winter months, I take my Chammyz with me on the boat and while that helps, I'd really be better off with a windbreaker.

Seashell,

That's for sure! Even on the dock with goosebumps or in the evening with a light sweater, SP is the best : )

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.