Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
We did ATM arranged through Aguada Hotel for $75 US ea and Tikal for $100. each. ATM was by far the most physically challenging as well as surprising tour we took while in Belize. The 45 minute jungle hike and the fording of the river was okay. We were not prepared for the "okay, now to get to the cave, swim". But we made it. Our Tikal trip was just me and my husband. We were taken to the border, handed over to a guide who gave us our own personal tour for the day. It was great! Definately worth a stay in the SI area. We rented a car, drove to SI and did the Belize Zoo and Cahal Pech, Xunantunich, and the Mopan river tubing on our own and still had $$ to spend on AC. We plan on renting again and doing the Pine Mountain and Placencia on our next trip.

Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
yes, definately worth a stay in San Ignacio, I agree. Have been there a few times.

What I really want to know is does anyone have an opinion as to whether or not it is POSSIBLEA to go from AC to San Ignacio, spend the night, do a tour the next day and return back here?

Just looking for a one night get away with someone. Thanks for any opinions.

S
S
Ke, from the tours we did from San Ignacio, I would think you would want to take the first flight to BC and do a tour, then spend the night and take in a half day of something the next day before returning to AC. Some of those excursions are a little tiring on these old bones. Nice to get back to a comfy seat and a good cold drink without having to worry about catching a ride back to AC.

Kra-Z-K Offline OP
OP Offline
susy, thanks so much for your suggestions.
I do not mind tiring excursion, my bones are still up to it and my friend is even younger than me. We're in our 20's. Do you have any suggestions of any tours which would finish in time to get back to San Pedro that next day?

We are just looking to do a one night/day get away from San Pedro. We are looking to leave San Pedro on the first ferry in the morning, go to San Ignacio and spend the day and night and then do a tour the next day. Is it possible to return to San Pedro that next day or do we have to spend two nights?
Thanks.

S
S
Ke, we did not get to any of the caves so I can't speak to that. Again, that will be our next trip in May. (can't wait) In one day, we went to Xuantunich, hit Trek Tours for Tubing on the River from right above Xuantunich to Clarissa Falls and still had time to visit Cahal Pech. I'm sure you've been to Zoo. We had rented a car and stayed at Aquada so there was no waiting for buses, tour guides, etc. It was a fun day. Probably would not have time to get all this in and get back to BC to catch a water taxi if you are using the buses. I know there is kayaking and canoeing around SI also. There's probably plenty of time to do it in an afternoon and a morning though. How are you planning on getting around? And, we are in our 50's and were delighted that we kept up with and did better on the ATM tour than a couple that was with us that was in their 20's! We're not hanging it up yet.

L
L
Sorry, ke... misunderstood on first reading. It sounds like you might have to spend 2 nights. Your best bet is to rent a car or check the bus schedules and see when the express buses are running to/from Belize City and SI. When I was looking to bus it to Guatemala I know there was an express bus there that left from around the swing bridge at 9:30am. It was $25US and went through SI, I believe. Give S&L Travel and Tours a call and they should be able to give you info on that bus (501 227-7593). Alternatively, when I traveled back to BC to catch my flight on my last day, I took one of the Novelos express buses. It only cost $11US one way and the times varied... 5:15am, 5:45am, 10:15am, 11:15am, etc... One of those buses could get you back pretty early after your second day. The excursion I did left around 9am and didn't get back until well after 4pm so it sounds like it would be too late for you to get back to BC/AC after that. Staying an extra night and then leaving first thing the next morning sounds like it might be the only way.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.