Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Next Saturday, 16th September 2006, there will be a Celebration of the life of Isaul Coba, who passed away recently in a boating accident.

The Celebration will be in the format of a fundraise for his widow Gorda and Children.

It will commence from 11.00am at Fido's SandBar. All Friends, Colleagues and Family as well as Visitors are cordially invited.

A special wish of Gorda is that this should be a celebration and not an event of sadness.

Belizean Food and Music will be available.

C
C
The funds to be donated to the family are coming from the bar profits?

OP Offline
From Food, Bar and Donations. The group will also donate their time. We were asked to host the event.

U
U
I read in this week's Ambergris Today that Coba was killed by one or more bull sharks. Does anyone know for sure what happened?

OP Offline
It is my understanding that Coba dove from his boat to turn an anchor. He was not seen alive again.

It is supposition, but it is believed that the wind caused the boat to drag him into some coral where he became trapped.

Despite an emergency search for most of the night he could not be found.

The following day when the body was recovered it was apparent that, what was believed to be Shark has consumed most of the flesh.

Later in the week at least one Bull Shark was caught and killed within the reef. This reported in Ambergris Today this week.

No one knows exactly what happened. All we can do now is try to help his wife and family in whatever small way we can.

Great idea-will support whole heartedly

just would like to know exactly what is going to be donated-everything spent in the Sand Bar or
for example 50% of food monies
3bzd for every beer sold
3bzd for every rum
5bzd for every whisky vodka etc.
Please inform

OP Offline
Pedro,

Our average net profits across the board. We know our running costs to a T. Plus extra on certain items where we can improve our margins on the day.

This is not going to be a moneymaker for the business. This is something to help a family who unfortunately lost their breadwinner before his time.

Everyone appreciated what you did for the fruit lady. Please let us do what we can in our small way for these lovely people, The disraught wife and fatherless children.

BB-please inform what you will contribute-it is a simple question and if you want people to turn up and spend money they have the right to know how much is going to the family-forget all the claptrap-state how much-a dollar a beer
what I,and others did for the Fruit Lady was done with everyone knowing,from the start,how much would go to her.
what are your net profits??

Drunkin Posting again pedro1?

I want to be just like Capt Jeff when I grow up!
Does any one know , where his family lives and there financial situation ?? Probably not the best? Died trying to make a living?? This is just a terrible thing would like to help!!! but in my own specail way.

Living The Dream Every Day!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.