Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Curious #202146
10/03/06 07:29 AM
10/03/06 07:29 AM
New Jersey/sanpedro
captjeff Offline
captjeff  Offline
On a cruise ship what else?? pulled in for a day trip I fished the river ,for snook.I had a great time came back for a week stay loved the people ,had a ball..returned for five months in a row..Then took a trip to Ambergris caye ,Pardise found ,it was my utopia..The rest is history I now own a condo at royal palm ..Fish my butt off ,Eat great food ,I made new local friends , donate to local charities,got envoled help the needy where I can . laugh a lot, relax a lot .do a lot of nothing a lot..I now call it my second home!! By the grace of god maybe one day will call it home????To me as close to heaven as I am going to get..Just living the dream !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Living The Dream Every Day!
Re: Curious #202147
10/03/06 08:11 AM
10/03/06 08:11 AM
Annapolis, MD
ArtZ SmartZ Offline
ArtZ SmartZ  Offline
We went to see a movie called "Hard Rain" in 1997. It was about two armor car drivers Christian Slater and Morgan Freeman trying to rob a million dollar hiest. When asked where they would go if they got away with it, the answer was Belize. Only knowing of British Hondorus we came home to look it up on the internet. We loved what we saw and planned our first trip in Jan 1998. We came back a year later and bought a condo and two parcels of land. We've been there eleven times now but no more than 3 weeks at any given time, DARN. Hope to spend months there one day.

ArtZ SmartZ
Re: Curious #202148
10/03/06 08:14 AM
10/03/06 08:14 AM
Houston
travelqueen Offline
travelqueen  Offline
Jan. 2005 - My travel friends said, "Belize this weekend?" I said, "sure why not". I had done zero reserach, new nothing about anything, not even where it was located. Then 1 day before our departure my girl friend said, "oh make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months". I said, "Passport??? What? That ole thing expired!". So, with less than 24 hours to spare and $160 later, I had passport in hand and off to Belize! We were in AC less than 48 hours and I felt that wasn't enough time so I returned 6 weeks later. I've been back MANY times since.

Re: Curious #202149
10/03/06 09:13 AM
10/03/06 09:13 AM
Ohio
J DOG Offline
J DOG  Offline
I'm a diver & was watching a Sea Fans video on Belize way back in 1988 & liked what I saw.
Came down with a dive buddy & stayed at the Sun Breeze that had just opened.
Loved every minute of it & have made yearly trips ever since.

Re: Curious #202150
10/03/06 09:34 AM
10/03/06 09:34 AM
Cornwall Ontario Canada
Danl & the Boop Offline

Danl & the Boop  Offline
Too long a story to post here, but if your'e interested, check this out. smile

//ambergriscaye.com/pages/town/article43.html laugh

Re: Curious #202151
10/03/06 11:01 AM
10/03/06 11:01 AM
Louisiana
snorkelgirl Offline
snorkelgirl  Offline
I had just broken off a 3 year relationship with my Aussie boyfriend and canceled my trip to Sydney. I wasn't going to let the travel voucher and passport go to waste. A friend said how much he'd enjoyed AC so I googled it. Folks on this board (and the helpful links) had alot to do with my first San Pedro adventure. And the second one. May there be many trips in the future!!

Re: Curious #202152
10/03/06 11:56 AM
10/03/06 11:56 AM
Dinorwic On CANADA
gailtor Offline
gailtor  Offline
cool First heard of Belize from my friend at the office (Matthew). He is from Belize. Then low and behold, my brother Dan got a work assignment there (in 1997). He went for a four month stint and has been there ever since. OK, he did have one lapse of judgment and went to live in the Caymans for awhile but he's now back in San Pedro. I have been down each year since 1998. Sometimes with other family members, or friends and other times alone. This year my son says he is coming down too... I am on my countdown to retirement and hope to spend at least part of the year in Belize. Like others, I have made many friends there and met some great people via this board. ( laugh Thanks Marty!! and boarders)
Gail cool

Re: Curious #202153
10/03/06 01:07 PM
10/03/06 01:07 PM
Texas
divingcowgirl Offline
divingcowgirl  Offline
We had been going to Cozumel and Playa del Carmen, and after Wilma pretty much destroyed the reefs in that area, (or so we thought) we were looking for another place to go diving that was close and didn't cost an arm and a leg to get to and stay there. Plus I had heard about Belize being premier diving. I was not disapointed! We didn't get to make the Blue Hole this past trip, but that gives us another excuse for going back! Again, and again, and again!

Take the road less traveled
Re: Curious #202154
10/03/06 01:39 PM
10/03/06 01:39 PM
Virginia
Barbara K Offline
Barbara K  Offline
routine travel agent familiarization trip...that turned out to be anything but routine!

Re: Curious #202155
10/03/06 02:56 PM
10/03/06 02:56 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
A
kewl story Danl, thanks for posting it was a fun read! smile

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
July
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 240 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics69,387
Posts475,945
Members19,467
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.