Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#204583 11/01/06 01:16 PM
D
OP Offline
D
I am living in CA and am currently doing my research on many possible areas to re-locate. I want to purchase a lot and build, a small home, or condo... any property must be reasonably safe, must give me a place for my two dogs to be confined, and must be near or on the beach. I hope to hear from some people... past visitors, locals, or anyone with another great idea of a location to consider. Thanks, Rick

SHOULD I RETIRE IN BELIZE?
single choice
looking to purchase a lot and build (17%, 2 Votes)
OR looking to purchase a small home or condo (83%, 10 Votes)
Total Votes: 12
Voting on this poll ends: 0 seconds ago
Plenty of retired gringos here and more coming every day. You will find those features here, if you can afford them. This isn't the cheapest place to settle but many think its the nicest. You need to come check it out for yourself. No one else can do that.

definately check it out first... take a small vacation there and scope out the place for potential living spots... it'll give u a better feel of what u'd be getting into!

desert.:. since ur writing in other threads about re:ur thread... i'll just answer here!! SP is beautiful... beach life is amazing! water is warm... the island is fairly safe and the closest city is Belize City! just think Caribbean... but honestly its a beautiful spot that i have no complaints about!

My choice!! Lived all over the world including Ca. Too beautiful for words but what makes this place so special is the people! Love them! Loads of choices for condos, from $105 to ...... Houses are harder to find but there. Don't have to learn a new language..still don't speak spanish. Too old. If you can stay here for a month, and you feel at home, move down!

Can't find my plane...
HGTV featured Belize on "House Hunters International", it will air again:
� November 03, 2006 10:30 PM ET/PT
� November 04, 2006 2:30 AM ET/PT

Not the same as a visit - but it's a start!

Come stay a couple months and then decide. A vacation is not long enough to get a feel for the place.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
i bought my house on my first trip down.

everyone is different. if you know yourself well, have thought it through, you will know if you need to visit.

i love my island, i love my house, i am making great friends, and i am happier than i have been in a long time (tuna issues aside smile )

I am not sure I agree but perhaps it is not my place to speak since I am not a gringo.
Most gringos come down and say that but the true test is those who make it more than one year.

L
L
Observer, you do have a point too. Have seen people come and go. I think it also depends on what your expectations are when you come. Many come hoping to start a business, or think it is less expensive than living in the States. Usually those are the people who move on. If you are coming to retire it is certainly a great deal easier. Have had our house for over 20yrs. and wouldn't be anywhere else. Like everyone else, love the people and friends we've made over the yrs. Every time we think of exploring other options, we look at what we have here and just say , Nah.

R.B. Mernitz
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 145 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.