Print Thread
Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27
Re: Answers in search of a question . . . #205508
11/11/06 05:47 PM
11/11/06 05:47 PM
Falls Church VA
Axeman Offline

Axeman  Offline
Can do...but I think they might toss you if they found you in the truck...at SEA.
Not a good thing...

Check my web page..let me know if you can see the pictures.

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...
Re: Answers in search of a question . . . #205509
11/13/06 06:17 PM
11/13/06 06:17 PM
Rockport, Maine
klcman Offline
klcman  Offline
Ok guys & gals...it's gotten way too serious ( at times) here the past 96 hours. Law has had ample time to digest all the wonderful advise proffered in this thread.

The time has now come.

Law, isn't it now time to share your list of questions winnowed from all the wonderful expert advice?

Secondly, I'm pretty sure most, if not all, would like to hear the list of questions YOU fear being asked. Answers to those questions, optional.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Re: Answers in search of a question . . . #205510
11/13/06 06:22 PM
11/13/06 06:22 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
A
I am a master procrastinator. I'll finalize my list the night before.

I fear no question! laugh

Re: Answers in search of a question . . . #205511
11/13/06 06:23 PM
11/13/06 06:23 PM
South Texas
Chloe Offline
Chloe  Offline
Hey I have some new ones to share with you, I'm out speed dating everyday...hahaha

Dare To Deviate
Re: Answers in search of a question . . . #205512
11/13/06 06:25 PM
11/13/06 06:25 PM
Rockport, Maine
klcman Offline
klcman  Offline
ahhh counselor, the old delay tactic again, I shoulda known! laugh

go get 'em OWO!

Re: Answers in search of a question . . . #205513
11/13/06 06:30 PM
11/13/06 06:30 PM
South Texas
Chloe Offline
Chloe  Offline
I do walk into some true funny situations. Which keeps me laughing.

Dare To Deviate
Re: Answers in search of a question . . . #205514
11/21/06 06:00 PM
11/21/06 06:00 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
A
Okay, as previously noted, I am an excellent procrastinator. However, tonight is the big event and I have selected my questions. Thanks to everyone who helped, especially desertrat, one of the few genuinely warped people I have encountered. wink Sorry gang, I just couldn't bring myself to ask serious questions. Perhaps I don't have the right attitude here, but me and the girls are looking forward to a fun evening and just so you know, my questions are tame compared to some of theirs! laugh
Following, in no particular order, are the questions I’ll be asking:

1. Do you know how to use a whip?
2. When was the last time you thoroughly cleaned your bathroom?
3. If you were yogurt, would you be fruit at the bottom or stirred?
4. Do you bruise easily?
5. If I'm hurling, will you hold my hair out of the way for me?
6. If I needed help disposing of a body, could I count on you?
7. What law would you break if you knew you wouldn't be caught?
8. When you step out of the shower, what body part gets dried first?
9. Can I look in your wallet?
10. In a social setting which best describes you: Introvert, extrovert, or pervert?

And a couple of optional questions, to be used depending on the appropriateness: :rolleyes:

If I asked to pet your monkey, what body part would you offer to me?
Do you still live with your mother?

Trip report to follow. laugh

Re: Answers in search of a question . . . #205515
11/21/06 07:41 PM
11/21/06 07:41 PM
Rockport, Maine
klcman Offline
klcman  Offline
Got a feeling that East Coast boarders will be up early in the AM! And West coasters will be up late.

As for E, well, he' be zzzzzzzzzzz by 10 no matter what!

Re: Answers in search of a question . . . #205516
11/22/06 03:47 AM
11/22/06 03:47 AM
Catatonic Motivator Offline

Catatonic Motivator  Offline
From the Heartland, early in the morn'...

1. Do you know how to use a whip? Yes. In multiple disciplines.

2. When was the last time you thoroughly cleaned your bathroom? 1975.

3. If you were yogurt, would you be fruit at the bottom or stirred? One, then the other.

4. Do you bruise easily? Not physically.

5. If I'm hurling, will you hold my hair out of the way for me? No.

6. If I needed help disposing of a body, could I count on you? As long as it's not my own.

7. What law would you break if you knew you wouldn't be caught? Libel. Or maybe slander.

8. When you step out of the shower, what body part gets dried first? My head. That's all I'm saying.

9. Can I look in your wallet? Sure, but I don't want to discuss your impressions.

10. In a social setting which best describes you: Introvert, extrovert, or pervert? See number 3.

And a couple of optional questions, to be used depending on the appropriateness:

If I asked to pet your monkey, what body part would you offer to me? My monkey, obviously.

Do you still live with your mother? On the advice of (cheap) counsel, I'll take the Fifth on that one.

That was easy, I think. What's my score?

* I Go Pogo *
Re: Answers in search of a question . . . #205517
11/22/06 06:11 AM
11/22/06 06:11 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
A
It was a trip! My face hurts from laughing so much and it turned out to be a pretty fun evening. laugh We arrived and the powers that be immediately began to ply us with alcohol. When it was time to start the women took seats at tables where lists of questions were waiting for those who hadn’t done their homework and brought their own. We learned later that turned out to be everyone except my friends and I, and one other woman. In the group we were in (I think the groups were divided by age) there were about 20 women. After we were seated, the men took a seat at one of the tables, and every six minutes moved clockwise to the next table. Apparently about three of the men signed up in our group failed to appear (wusses) so at every switch there were a couple of tables open. During those times the women without guys to interview ended up talking to each other. That actually turned out to be pretty fun and I met a couple of pretty cool women.

Those of us with our own questions definitely had a better time. I asked my questions in a different order each time and with most of the guys I didn’t make it through the whole list. The guys didn’t have questions to ask; instead, apparently I was supposed to supply my answers to my own questions as they answered them. That was something I hadn’t really thought about and my answers varied depending on who I was talking to. I was impressed with some of the answers I got and some of them made me a little nervous. What follows is a sampling of some of the answers I received:

1. Do you know how to use a whip? Interestingly enough, this pretty much turned out to be the favorite question. Two of the men actually did know how to use a whip, owned whips, and one of them offered to let me see his whip. shocked One of the best answers I got was from a guy who owned horses. He explained that once the horse is trained you never actually touch the horse with the whip, you just crack it overhead and they know what to do. He then wanted to move on to a discussion of how to effectively use spurs, but I declined.

2. When was the last time you thoroughly cleaned your bathroom? I ended up having to have most of them define what constitutes a thorough cleaning. There was one guy that explained he was anal about cleaning. I was tempted to go down that road, but I resisted. :rolleyes:

3. If you were yogurt, would you be fruit at the bottom or stirred? This question took some explaining as they just wanted to tell me what kind of yogurt they liked to eat rather than what kind of yogurt they would be. Not a lot of abstract thinkers in that group.

4. Do you bruise easily? One guy immediately responded, “Emotionally.” I don’t think he’d last long on this board.

5. If I'm hurling, will you hold my hair out of the way for me? I was amazed at the number of immediate “NO’s” I got. One of the guys said, “Sure, for a while.” I thought that was pretty reasonable! smile One of the other guys said, “Not unless you want me to join you.” I can totally relate as being around someone who is barfing generally evokes the same reaction from me.

6. If I needed help disposing of a body, could I count on you? No takers on this one. One guy immediately explained that he couldn’t, as he had SIX kids and just didn’t have time to visit the cross bar hotel. (SIX kids? Scratch that one off the list!) One guy very seriously explained that he was against all violence since he had become a feminist. (This guy also didn’t want to discuss the whip question.) Another guy offered to refer me to good defense counsel. laugh

7. What law would you break if you knew you wouldn't be caught? I quickly learned I had to say “speeding” was not a sufficient answer. Most said there really wasn’t a law they wanted to break. The most original answer I got was “counterfeiting.” One guy explained that he’d already broken all the laws he wanted to break. From the looks of him, I really didn’t want to have him elaborate and I believe this was the same gentleman who offered to refer me to good defense counsel.

8. When you step out of the shower, what body part gets dried first? Let me just say: Man, who knew there were so many ways to dry the human body?

9. Can I look in your wallet? This question was one of my favorites. A lot of guys immediately gave an emphatic “NO!” A couple immediately reached for their wallets and handed them to me. I laughed and said I didn’t really want to look, I just wanted to know if they would let me look. A good response in each, the yes and no, categories:

Yeah sure, there are no condoms in there, new or used.
A very quick, very loud “NO!” followed by a discussion of what might be in there. When he said “just the normal stuff” I asked if that included his parole agent’s phone number. His face immediately lit up and he asked, “You been in?”

10. In a social setting which best describes you: Introvert, extrovert, or pervert? Guys seemed to like this question, although only one actually admitted to being a pervert.

I also asked them if their fly was open, would they want me to tell them. Hands down, Yes. But when I asked them if they would tell me if I had spinach in my teeth, several weren’t so willing to reciprocate.

I never got to the two optional questions. No need to ask if they still lived with their mom. Where that was the case, it was obvious. :rolleyes:

There was a dinner afterward and the discussions centered around the questions asked by those of us who brought our own. I’m proud to say that by popular demand, mine ended up getting passed around the table so the women could get a look and the best compliment I got all night was from a really fun woman named Meg, who announced, “I want to go drinking with her!”

There were a couple of complaints about me not asking the monkey question, but no one was willing to provide their answer to that one at the table in front of the group!

My favorite question from someone else was from a woman who came with 10 multiple choice questions, my 1st pick being:

Which is funnier:
A. A man slipping on a banana peel?
B. Telling your friends about a man slipping on a banana peel?
C. Banana peels in general?
D. A man avoiding slipping on a banana peel and falling into a manhole?

I have to admit I had some preconceived notions about the kind of people who would actually show up at an event like this. For the most part I was wrong. In general it was a pretty educated group of genuinely nice people, men and women. While there were no guys whose phone number I was dying to ask for, they were decent people and pretty much all had a pretty good sense of humor. Other than the feminist (who is a strict vegetarian and still lives with his mother - not that those two things necessarily go hand-in-hand :rolleyes: ) I wouldn’t mind running into any of them again.
Meg and I are going out next week. smile

Page 26 of 27 1 2 24 25 26 27

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 114 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics74,109
Posts487,498
Members19,862
Most Online4,377
Dec 15th, 2020

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.