Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#206908 11/22/06 10:08 AM
OP Offline
We're back and we're blue!! Flew into KC last night; at least it's not freezing here. Ten days on AC and I'm ready to start makin' plans for the next journey. Trip report to follow (with pix if I can figure out how to do it; thank goodness Mrs. Jayhawk kept a diary). Just wanted to say thanks to all our new and old friends. The gang at Canucks: Ali, Elva, Don and Carol, Larry and Kathy, Roz and John (aka the Newfies), the Pirate, Pedro IV, Jaybird, Pizza Dave and Roscoe, Richard, Nancy Scott, Pamela the Kooky Cookie Lady, even got to see Rick one day. Margie at Coconuts. Charlene and the great staff at BC's : Ernie, Oscar, Ebbie and Carlo. The musicians: Dennis, Derek, Drummer Dan and Belikin Bill, among others. I was able to meet and put faces to some of the MB crew: Simon, Lara, Kerry, Pedro1, Marty Casado (another Jayhawk, by birth at least), Wonderwoman (what a sweetheart!!). Geraldo and Fido, the Badillo brothers, from El Gato. Cathy at Beachin' Kitchen. Too many great times and great people to recall here. Again, thanks to all!! More to come; I just need to decompress first. smile

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
#206909 11/22/06 01:40 PM
I'm so jealous, KCJ!!! My first trip to that magical island was Thanksgiving week 2005 - boy what a let down it was getting back to reality. I, too, made many of the same friends you did at Canuck (love that dog, Roscoe) and so I look forward to your pics and trip report. Thanks for sharing! (P.S. my late father was a Jayhaw and it brought me warm fuzzies when I saw you join the board - keep postin'.)

Be a pal, save a Dal.
#206910 11/22/06 03:25 PM
Thanks for the post KC - brings back memories and makes me itchy to get back for more.

Never knew the cookie lady's name, but she really stood out - got such a kick out of her.

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
#206911 11/22/06 04:23 PM
KC and Co.
It was so great to meet you! i only wish we could have spent more time together!

thanks again for the breaker...my clothes, my cats, and all those that woulda had ta smell me thank ya too!

hugs!
Lara

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.