Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I posted a question on another topic, then couldn't find it to look for my answer. So, here goes again:
Since so many of you have places on A/C that you do not live in full time, what do you do with them when you are not there?
Harriette Jeanne Fisher

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
KC Offline
Well... I'll speak for myself. We plan on renting our house until we "retire" when we will spend more time in it ourselves. We have a management team taking care of the daily stuff that needs to be taken care of (housekeeping, supplying, etc.) -- Caye Management. We also have a wonderful man, Raymond, who lives on the property and takes care of the grounds/pool. It's always picture perfect. Raymond is a jewell.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
S
S
We have property on AC too. A good property manager is worth more than anything. I agree with KC. Good help is hard to find sometimes, but it is there if you ask and look.

OP Offline
Thanks
I'm thinking that I might want to spend about 3 months at a time on the island then a month or two back here in California. When I'm there I will probably have lots of diving friends come to visit.
Does this sound reasonable?
Get a 3 bedroom 2 bath house with one bedroom and bath with separate entrance. Use this as my private space so it can be locked up when I am gone and the rest of the house rented out.
Management people sounds good to me.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
We aren't sure what we will do with our house when we aren't there... I know that many of our friends are taking advantage of having a friend who owns an island house! ( I invited my entire graduation class, so I hope they don't all show up at once. We have a message board too.)

KC Offline
Gee, Vicky! Wish I had known you *before* we bought a house. <grin>

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
L
L
would highly recommend a property manager. We have had that arrangement for the past 17 years and it has really saved a lot of headaches. Like most of us you will learn alot of things the "hard way", but a good property manager can make the time you are there alot more enjoyable.

R.B. Mernitz

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 323 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.