Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#208109 08/03/01 08:51 PM
B
OP Offline
B
We're debating about what would be best...Retirement or permanent residency? I know you can't work on retirement, but how screwed would we get tax-wise if we did permanent residency and opened some lilttle deli or fishing thing? Would it even be worth it?

#208110 08/03/01 09:51 PM
Sure it would, just depends on how you go down with the Govt.. email us and i'll give you info... Thanks, Rick

[email protected]

#208111 08/06/01 01:31 AM
C
cwn Offline
C
Hello,
Can anyone help?

I will be going to Belize very soon. My Business depends on the Internet. What does Belize have offer for Internet service. I will need to move/hook-up my servers to a back bone and run them from Belize. The Internet is my source of income.

Regards,
Curtis
#208112 08/14/01 08:15 PM
S
S
My advice to you is to set your business up on a US-based hosted server. Unless you are laundering money for the mob or living on an inheritance, you will go broke trying to run anything online physically hosted in Belize, or to do anything that requires you to be online in Belize for hours a day. What you need to prepared to do is log on a few times a day for a few minutes each time and do your thing.

There are only three internet access speeds in Belize: Slow, Very Slow, and File Not Found.

There are only three kinds of rates: Expensive, Very Expensive, and If You Have to Ask You Can't Afford It.

Why? 'Cause its a MONOPOLY...you know: that which combines the worst features of capitalism and communism and the benefits of neither. Theoretically, that's supposed to change in a couple of years but I have a sinking feeling that it won't.

Your only other option is maybe to see what the rates are like in Chetumal these days and maybe set up an office there. Lots of nice housing available in the Corozal district you can commute to.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
#208113 08/14/01 09:58 PM
hey ya'll sent you a really long e!! Probably didn't even touch the issue??? Rick been busy! IT'S HERE that you get screwed w/taxes!!! BZ is supposed to be a "tax Haven". Property taxes are NOTHING there....most of the place you would get screwed w/taxes would be duty, rates for electric/phone/internet use etc....but those are just expensive there! Here we pay huge taxes, there they just have higher rate? I could be wrong....Dave, Barefoot, Lan, Jesse, Sandshaker....anybody????? Did u know it's a FACT that our wonderful gov't here in these states has literally LOST billions of our tax payed dollars!!! They have NO idea where it is or where it went??? hhmmmm

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.