Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I had a problem this year which I would like a solution. I bought some real reasonable ($488) round-trip tickets from a wholesaler on Continental Airlines. They could only issue a round trip ticket for the maximum 4 months. At the last moment, a friend from St Louis, decided to come to San Pedro arriving 2 days prior to my departure date. I was able to extend one week, medically, but was told that if I wanted to stay longer, I'd hafta eat my return ticket and I'd be able to buy a one way for $600. My question is where can a person buy reasonable tickets which can be extended to or for a period of 6 months. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Gone fishing!!
Bill,

Airline tickets vary a lot in their return requirements. Some are good only for short periods, others for a year. Basically in this deregulated environment it's up to to the airline to decide the return the requirement for any given fare. In general, the cheaper the price the more restrictions including often a fairly narrow window for use, whereas full fare tickets are essentially without restriction and can be exchanged or refunded, making them effectively good forever (or as long as the airline is in business.)

Here are some sources of cheap tickets to Belize, but again you'll have compare restrictions and validity dates.

--Lan Sluder

>>

Among the consolidator/discount agents and services with deals on flights to Belize are:

Diversified Travel Management (consolidator), Cape Coral, FL, www.tourandtravel.com, 800-458-8281 -- ask for Ted

Barbara Kasak, Barb's Belize (travel agency specializing in Belize), El Paso, TX, www.barbsbelize.com, 888-321-2272

Latin Discounters (consolidator), Brisbane, CA, www.latindiscounters.com, 877-426-8676

Fly CheapOL (consolidator/travel agent), Mars Travel, Houston, TX, www.flycheapol.com or 888-702-4242 or 888-222-0631

Intra-National Tours (consolidator), Houston, TX, www.Intratours.com, 800-334-8069

Traveland (consolidator), Los Angles, CA, www.traveland.com, 800-321-6336

Belize Tradewinds (travel wholesaler specializing in Belize), Wauwatosa, WI, www.belizetradewinds.com, 800-451-7776

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
OP Offline
Hi Lan: Thanks for the info. I'll write them down for reference. Thanks for all your help. PS. I think one of those Belize Kits would be good for my situation. I suppose I can order one through Belize First? Take care: Bill

Gone fishing!!
Lan
These web links don't work. Are there new ones?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
FYI The links don't work because there is the little 'extra' , at the end of of three of them. I find that most times when people say they can't access a link, that is the problem.. look closely at the link and see if there might be extra characters.. NO I don't mean the characters that love Belize.. I'm referring to the the alpha or numeric ones in the link...
For convenience, here are the true links (hopefully)...
www.latindiscounters.com
www.flycheapol.com
www.Intratours.com
www.traveland.com

THX for the info /links Lan. The cheaper the flights, the MORE OFTEN we can visit... Cheers Gail

Sorry, I see that I have commas at the end of some of the URLs -- delete those and they should work.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Bill, I search around with the same problem, but then I found eXito.com (with AA) 6 month Ticket Detroit - Belize $563,- Try it.

OP Offline
Thanks everyone!!

Gone fishing!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.