Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline
Here is the list of items that I am aware to apply for Retirement Residency. 1. Police Record Check from your local residence 2. Physical, including AIDS check. 3. Proof of income of at least $700US monthly. Does anyone know if there are any other requirements? Thanks.

Gone fishing!!
L
L
Bill, There is a website for the Belize Tourist Bureau that tells you exactly what you need. Would suggest you contact Gina Escalante at that Bureau, she is very good at getting things done in reasonable time.

R.B. Mernitz
Ditto, L & T.

When we applied and received our retiree residency status, income required was $1,000 US a month. Gina's email [email protected].

The last i read stated that you have to agree in writing to deposit monthly into a Belize bank a minimum of $2,000 US,for your own use.
I read somewhere that SS money could be deposited in a Belize bank !?

Things have probably changed some from the beginning of the program. It was a long time between proposal and legislative approval and then implementation.

At first the requirement for income was US $1,000 per month from a company pension and/or social security ($12,000 annual deposited in a Belize bank to be verified once a year by BTB) OR US $2,000 per month if the source of income is from investments only ($24,000 per year in a Belize bank.)

Now, Belize being Belize and having to include in all plans the "Belize Factor" the final, final requirements are always subject to uncertainty.

S
S
I agree with checking the website for the BTB under QRP program (qualified retired persons)
to determine requirements that are current. Bill is correct except the amount of funds is either $1,000US in a guaranteed anuity or $24,000US per year deposited into a Belize bank. We are residents under the QRP program and you also need to know that you cannot obtain a work permit under that status.

[This message has been edited by SCUBAHOOTERS (edited 10-23-2001).]

I'll be glad to send anyone who e-mails me a free copy of the chapter in my book, Adapter Kit: Belize, on options for residency in Belize. There are basically four options, and the variables are too lengthy to go into here. The BTB-administered residency is just one of them. Anyway, e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll send you the text of that chapter in Adobe Acrobat pdf format.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
Just got my residence visa. Have medical form filled out (get it on the net) with aids test. Proof of 2,000 a month income, no money deposited. Birth certificate. Photo copy of each page of your passport. Marriage certificate. Police report. All this can be done outside of Belized but needs to be notarized.Website for application is www.belizeretirement.org/applicationform.htm.
I used Santiago Gomez for help at phone 0232077. Took me 3 months. Hope this helps.

OP Offline
Thanks for the great imput.

Gone fishing!!
So can you have Social Security directly deposited to a Belize?
I read the $2,000 number in the Belize search link at the top of this page today!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.