Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Marrying a Belizean #208361
01/15/02 09:24 AM
01/15/02 09:24 AM
Canada
seashell Offline
seashell  Offline
bywarren, thanks for the advice. I never would have guessed that a man offering to buy me a drink did not have a marriage proposal on his mind. I'm more surprised than I could possibly be. It never would have occurred to me that he could be behaving like boys the world over, whether he is a tourist offering the drink (most likely scenario) or a local (but it does still happen from time to time).

It is not necessary to reject all comers just to prove that you don't have shark food in your hand.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Re: Marrying a Belizean #208362
01/15/02 10:13 PM
01/15/02 10:13 PM
Sandshaker Offline
Sandshaker  Offline
LMAO [Linked Image]

ByWarren...you are funny! [Linked Image]
It's ok...you don't have to tell the shark story...LOL....us women of less that prudish morals know that a lot of guys use the old "Can I buy you a drink" line when they want to get laid...not married....LOL
Especially when their eyes are glazed and their speech is slurred.....LOL It's a dead give-a-way! [Linked Image]

I think the problem we were having in this case was they weren't asking to buy US a drink.....they were asking us to buy THEM a drink....LOL....oh yea and can I "Borrow" a cigarette to..(he says as he slobbers all over you....YUK).....LOL Like I'd want that cigarette back after he smokes it!

This is where the "Eat Shit" look comes in....LOL....and if he doesn't take that hint....well....something strange happens to that damn bar stool.....LOL...I just can't figure it out...hmmm?
(I'm checking the legs out as he is rolling around on the floor trying to figure out how to get up....LOL) (I lean over and say.."Are you alright???) LOL

Usually by this time he is so confused and dazed...from being horizontal and the room spinning....that he doesn't even know who I am anymore...LOL Works everytime! [Linked Image]

When he gets up....he is now talking to the blonde who was sitting next to me....wondering where in the hell is that drink and cigarette she gave him.....LMAO!!!

I'll have to admit....sometimes it's the best entertainment there is on that island.....LOL [Linked Image]

Cheers Girls! [Linked Image]

Re: Marrying a Belizean #208363
01/16/02 12:02 AM
01/16/02 12:02 AM
bedford tx usa
rickcheri Offline
rickcheri  Offline
you go girl....and forget the "eat shit look", i tend to be more brutally honest and just tell them, "Eat shit, and in your dreams".....i guess that's why they call me "Spitfire"???? And if we're low on cash, Rick will pretend he doesn't know me and some guy will start buying me drinks, after i've had a few, i'll introduce Rick as my husband....LOL...horrible ain't I?? That's what they get for assuming anything else...we'll drink ya'lls money!!! C

Re: Marrying a Belizean #208364
01/16/02 06:56 AM
01/16/02 06:56 AM
Illinois, Arkansas,South Dakot...
bywarren Offline
bywarren  Offline
Cheri: I recall you making a comment about looking forward to moving to Belize and, I believe your words were, helping to contribute by "teaching the Belizean's social skills", which at the time struck me as being a little condencending. But I now see by your talents in procuring drinks, you should be able to help the moochers refine that skill.

Re: Marrying a Belizean #208365
01/16/02 08:14 AM
01/16/02 08:14 AM
Sandshaker Offline
Sandshaker  Offline
LOL..those are called "Survival Skills" intended on keeping your cash from being separated from your pocket.

"Social Skills" are where you make sure to appoint someone to keep an eye on you so you don't end up on the ground like my wasted friend...LOL [Linked Image]
Always very embarrassing the next day when you have to ask..."Did I do anything stupid?" ....Ugh!

Cheri....LOL...yes, I can just hear you saying that! [Linked Image]

I'm just lazy...I don't even want to have to open my mouth and waste my breath.....LOL
I was having a drink in Fido's one night with Silk...and some....ummmm....fellow that had been harassing her earlier in the day came strolling in. She says.."uh oh..here he comes.." LOL..gave him "the look" as he strolled over to the table....LOL
He made a side-swipe-circle all the way back around to the bar..then out the door....LOL

She says.."How do you do that?"
I told her..wait and see...after you have been here long enuff..you will have it perfected too! [Linked Image] I think she does now!

Re: Marrying a Belizean #208366
01/16/02 09:14 AM
01/16/02 09:14 AM
bedford tx usa
rickcheri Offline
rickcheri  Offline
bywarren-nope...not "social skills"-helping in reading, writing and math skills. Lighten up, us gals are just having a little fun!!! Social skills are more like saying "yes ma'am/sir, thank you's, and what fork to use....i've conquered the thank you part, but could care a less about the forks!! lol...C

Re: Marrying a Belizean #208367
01/16/02 10:03 AM
01/16/02 10:03 AM
Naples, FL
M
M-A Gaffney Offline
M-A Gaffney  Offline
M
And now for something completely different . . . sensible info regarding cultural differences. www.peacecorner.org/travel_tips.htm#women

Re: Marrying a Belizean #208368
01/16/02 10:13 AM
01/16/02 10:13 AM
Sandshaker Offline
Sandshaker  Offline
WOW....good site...that's one I hadn't seen b/4.....Thanks MA

Re: Marrying a Belizean #208369
01/16/02 11:26 AM
01/16/02 11:26 AM
Illinois, Arkansas,South Dakot...
bywarren Offline
bywarren  Offline
No problem Cheri. Glad you have a good sense of humor. I thought after I wrote that, you might take offense which it was in no means intended. But it is just one guy outnumbered by you gals, trying to uphold the male side. Admititadly, a sometimes difficult job.

Re: Marrying a Belizean #208370
01/16/02 01:10 PM
01/16/02 01:10 PM
Pennsylvania
I
IslandinParadise Offline OP

IslandinParadise  Offline OP
I
Thats a great site-I've never seen it before either and I thought I had seen every website on Belize-lol. Thanks a bunch-Melissa

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
March
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (jittery, elbert), 234 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics73,643
Posts486,465
Members19,808
Most Online4,377
Dec 15th, 2020

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.