Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#208436 03/19/02 08:43 PM
D
Danita Offline OP
OP Offline
D
High All,

I'm considering a move down to Belize and i need to know if it's pretty safe for a lone woman and her pooch to do this? and are we allow to bring our private arms too?

Bud}dha love,
Danita*)0(*
#208437 03/21/02 02:35 AM
D
D
You will find things very safe in Belize depending on where you decide to settle in.

Ambergris Caye, San Ignacio, Placencia, Corozol might all be good choices.

No problem for the pooch, just a little paperwork and a few $$$.

Having said this, have you been to Belize??

It is HIGHLY recommended that you visit Belize a few times before you jump. It is quite different than one might expect.

Also for the heater, forget it up front. It can be done but you really need to be in the country and then fill out a lot of paperwork, etc, etc, etc. before it will even be considered, much less approved.

All in All, it can and has been a very good experience for us.

#208438 03/21/02 03:10 PM
D
Danita Offline OP
OP Offline
D
How long have you lived in Belize?

What town has the least mosquitos? i've read that there's a town that has the least because of it's position in that area~

And you are right about checking out the place before i decide to move there, so i'm thinking about staying for about 7 weeks to see if it is right for me~ I dont need a car, makeup, shoes [Linked Image] or big malls, etc... anymore, so i think it'll work for me~ I create wonderfull jewelry from Hemp and i'm wondering if i could make a lil fun living selling these items maybe on San Pedro or where most of the tourism comes to and of course i would hire a local to help me with something [Linked Image] and i'll just sell my heat in the proper way here before i leave [Linked Image]

i thank you for responding to my questions~

luv*
Danita

Bud}dha love,
Danita*)0(*
#208439 03/25/02 12:23 PM
ahhh. hemp. good. [Linked Image]

#208440 03/25/02 02:09 PM
Hemp jewelery huh, must be hard to light!

#208441 03/25/02 03:35 PM
D
Danita Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hemp shouldnt be smoked so there's no reason to light it [Linked Image] You must be thinking about Cannabis Flowers/Buds, and you cant make jewelry out of that~

Bud}dha love,
Danita*)0(*
#208442 03/25/02 08:00 PM
D
D
Hi Again

Sounds like your on the right track, coming for several weeks, etc.

Sounds like Placencia or Ambergris Caye would be the areas you would want to check out first, I would think about Placencia first.

Our place is in Placencia. We purchased property there six years ago and built a house about 5 years ago. House was 90% destroyed by Iris but is now rebuilt.

Myu wife and I really enjoy Placencia and highly recommend it to friends who we think have the right frame of mind...Living in Belize is in no way like living in the states so it takes a lot of getting used to.

As for the comments by others about the HEMP. Smoked or not, just the name causes heads to turn. I would think of another name for the material.

Best of luck

#208443 03/25/02 08:03 PM
D
D
Sorry

As for Mosquitoes, we have more of a problem with NO-See-UM's (sand fleas) more than mosquitoes.

Usually early in the morning and in the evenings if the breeze is not blowing.

A little skin-so-soft or OFF takes care of the problem.

Inside the house we have only ceiling fans, one over the beads and one in the living area. This usually takes care of these criters in those areas as they have prblems flying in a breeze.

#208444 03/29/02 06:06 PM
C
C
Hey Danita,

I am also heading to Belize to scope out the living contitions for a possible move! When checking your profile I noticed that you too were in Vegas. I was planning on taking a bus through Mexico to Belize when my passport arrives in a couple of weeks. If your looking for a travel partner to share expenses with, e-mail me.

Oh and by the way, I'm a 40 year old, laid back male with no intentions other than slowing the pace of my life near a beach in Belize.

My name is Brian e-mail to [email protected]

#208445 03/29/02 08:52 PM
D
Danita Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Divein, thank you for all this info you are taking your time to share with me here today~ Placencia looks like the best place for me, but do they have ok clinics for me and my pet? I also like Corozal because of it's location~

I have anotha question, i'm not a religious one, i'm very spiritual but i dont care for organized religion AT ALL~ I see that there are a lot of churches/religions in Belize, especially Corozal~ Do these people go around knocking on doors and do they hold a lot of power in Belize? And what about them bugs that leave larva {sp} in your skin, how often have you delt with that?

Oh and Hempress is my spiritual name, and even if there were
anotha name for the wonderful material that stems from Cannabis Sativa L., folks would still ass'u'me we were talking about the wonderful medicinal herb Marijuana even if it were called "Belize"

thanks again [Linked Image]

Bud}dha love,
Danita*)0(*
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.